Halo 2 Vs. Typical High School Stupidity

Shibathedog

Halo 2 was missing a surname, Halo had "Combat Evolved" while Halo 2 should have had, "The game that possibly cured typical high school stupidity"

Yesterday as many of you know, alot of stores where opening at midnight, and selling the games. I unfortunatly didnt get to go, but my friend who did told me there where tons of people, some of them even wearing master cheif armor (hah). Most people who went there at midnight didnt go to school today. Which turns out to be alot of people.

Today i walk into school to realize, "wait....more than half the student body is gone..." In nearly every class i went to, the class wasnt even half full. And nearly everyone in these classes, was doing nothing but talking about Halo 2

How did it possibly cure Typical high school stupidity? Even the popular assholes who pretend to be dumbshit about ANYTHING that isnt cool where obsessing over it. I only heard one person acting like a dumbshit, pretending like he didnt know how to pronounce halo, Good job asshole, you cant pronounce a 4 letter word. And anyone who DIDN'T get excited about halo 2 (but wasnt outright making fun of it) Didnt own an xbox, and where clearly fanboys. "Halo 2 is the most hyped game ever" yeah, no crap, that doesnt mean it will suck, Just because the only console you own is a gamecube and you have all of 15 decent games for it doesnt mean you have to rip on everyone else. See, im allowed to say something like that, i own a gamecube, i know for myself. I dont regret buying it, but i have alot more fun with my Xbox and PS2. But this is an argument for another topic.

While walking down the hallway, i swear i heard the words "Halo 2" about 20 times in each hallway. And while taking a math quiz, i must have heard 8 different people mumble, "I wish i was playing Halo 2 right now..."

I mean, everyone playes Grand Theft Auto in my school, i dont think a single person doesnt own at least one of the grand theft auto games (one of the most recent 3 of course) But Grand Theft Auto was never talked about like this was. Even the popular girls/ditzes behind me in english where ranting and raving about how their boyfriend bought Halo 2 and such.

So is halo 2 a social revolution? or is my school just full of nerds? you decide.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i double-concur. :P people were missing from my classes too...shows how good our sense of priorities is in America.

i don't own an Xbox but i'll play this eventually... too busy with school and such now.

P.S. @gryph: Did u get my PM?

I concur also. Why do you think it's clever to like Halo? I'd class Halo fans as the opposite of clever.

I concur also. Why do you think it's clever to like Halo? I'd class Halo fans as the opposite of clever.

Same here. Now, if they were saying "Damn, I wish I was playing King of fighters '96...." that would be a bit of a different story.

Postal 2 remains as the most entertaining FPS I've ever played. I want to try the System Shock games sometime, they seem Marathon-esque.

I still think Perfect Dark has the best balance between gameplay, depth, and control (for a console at least, try it using PJ64 with a keyboard/mouse). If only the framerate was better...

Nowadays im starting to regress to shooters that are more twitch-based and less strategy-based, like Painkiller or Serious Sam.

I still think Perfect Dark has the best balance between gameplay, depth, and control (for a console at least, try it using PJ64 with a keyboard/mouse).  If only the framerate was better...

Nowadays im starting to regress to shooters that are more twitch-based and less strategy-based, like Painkiller or Serious Sam.

Believe it or not, I never played Perfect Dark. I do remember it being somewhat of a pain to play FPS's with the N64 controller, though.

I still think that doing day-to-day errands (albeit with a flocked up twist) and having the power to urinate in someone's face, or douse someone in gasoline and light them on fire, or throw a diseased cow's head in their direction makes the most entertaining possible premise for a video game. The errand where you had to vote was hilarious, the ballot made me laugh so hard....

But enough about that. Counter Strike is arguably one of the worst FPS's out there, yet I was addicted to it for about 2 years. Same with Unreal Tournament, though that was a bit more notable. Giants: Citizen Kabuto, though not a FPS (still technically a shooter) is probably the second most addictive game I've ever played. Shame that it never really caught on, especially the online part of it. It was great fun. :P

i double-concur.  :P  people were missing from my classes too...shows how good our sense of priorities is in America.

i don't own an Xbox but i'll play this eventually... too busy with school and such now.

P.S. @gryph: Did u get my PM?

Yes, I did. I'll send them after dinner. Don't worry. :P

SlickDizzy, you MUST play the System Shock games. They are very good. Unfortunately my SS2 CD is scratched and it can't read an audio file so it can't install...piece of crap.

SlickDizzy, you MUST play the System Shock games. They are very good. Unfortunately my SS2 CD is scratched and it can't read an audio file so it can't install...piece of crap.

I think I will sometime. If I can find them used I might pick them up, if not there's always BitTorrent.

Have you heard about BioShock, the new game? It's not supposed to be a sequel, but is a "spiritual successor" to the first two, which I know very little about.

Edited by SlickDizzy

thanks a bunch Gryph. :P

I havent heard of Bio Shock, but also on the horizon is Snowblind, a new multi-player centric spinoff of Deus Ex, with new dual-function weapons and team tactics.