Slow DSL speed!

Ryuken

Download = 319.09 kbps

Upload = 319.79 kbps

Is that slow for dsl?? cuz when i download stuff it's alot slower than all the people that i know that have dsl. when i download stuff the speed is mostly 20KB- 40KB which i think it's really slow for dsl

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Internet connection speeds are measured in kilobits per second. Download windows show the speed in kilobytes per second. There's a difference.

To get the theoretical max download speed in kilobytes, divide the kilobits by 8.

For example, my connection is 1Mbit/s, so my theoretical max speed is 1000kbits/s / 8 = 125 kB/s

Yours is roughly 40kB/s.

Edited by Agozer

thx fo explaining that for me but is that slow for dsl???

Well, even DSL connections come in different flavors... You just happen to have one that only grants you 319kbit/s.

If you want my opinion, it's a tad slow. You should get 512kbit/s minimum.

Edited by Agozer

i've checked my DSL plan and the speed is suppose to be higer than what i have right now so i e-mailed Sbc to ask them y

well i just founf out that i have a sbc dsl starter plan which cost the same as the express plan but it's slower so now i have to upgrade

well i just founf out that i have a sbc dsl starter plan which cost the same as the express plan but it's slower so now i have to upgrade

You've been had. Demand the better choice.

Edited by Agozer

• 5 weeks later...