Half-Life 2 headed to the arcades!

Gryph

This is indeed very odd news.

Taito's arcade release of Half-Life 2 will be a customized version of the upcoming PC release. Currently, three modes have been announced. You can enjoy the game alone in the story mode, or you can team up with players in other arcades, via network connection, to play cooperatively. And, of course, there's a versus mode where you can fight against players in other arcades as well. Furthermore, you'll be able to enjoy the game on a wide screen and in 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/01/ne...ws&subj=6111916

I would really like to play this at the arcade even though I already have it for PC. And this arcade board is basically a PC, just check out the specs.

Taito's TypeX board is based off the architecture of an ATX IBM-compatible PC. Since the hardware is, for all intents and purposes, identical to the PC format and uses the Windows XP Embedded operating system, PC games can be ported to the platform with great ease. TypeX cabinets come standard with AGP Radeon 9200SE (128MB) graphics cards that can be upgraded to X800XT cards, if required.

It's going to have co-op so that should be fun. But an FPS like this in the arcade...I hope it's a hit. It's only a good thing to spread HL2 to as many people as possible.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

What are the controls going to be? It had better be a keyboard + mouse type controller, I wouldn't want to play an FPS with a control stick!

I fully agreed, seriously, anyone here actually plays FPS with a stick ? especially an arcade stick ? I mean hell, I don't even like to play ordinary FPS games on console controller sticks as well.