Hope You Enjoyed the Ride

N3oGhost

Stupid flocks...........it was inevitable.

gimme romz d00d

Wow, some retard by the name of Yoshiro as well as another retard called Artik have been passing around a hacked FBAx b4 on WWW sites. Yoshiro, even had the nerve on IRC to paste me links to the binary. Nice move.

The reason? because i wont give out 4.1 sources - not for any reason other than i have been working on b5 and forgot to snapshot the 4.1 codebase before i started work on b5. But this seems to be unacceptable to him and in turn for "revenge" for not giving him the source he decided to gloat and paste me WWW links of hacked b4. As if that will acheive anything idiot :)

so, im taking a break from FBAx for the time being - the neogeo rom kiddies just make the entire thing a headflock i dont want to deal with right now. Me and TMaul will be discussing our options over the next few days.

lantus out 

Posted by lantus on Saturday, February 21, 2004 at 22:44

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get the big deal. Every author knows that people are going to hack these emulators to play the latest games. So why cry about it when they do? In fact, we all know the authors themselves have very likely their own personal versions that play the games. But that's just my.02.

Edited by Thraxen

True... but why threaten to drop the project? That's just childish. It's the equivalent of a kid on the playground threatening to take his ball and go home. The exact same. So you have one or two guys being dicks... and thousands who are simply enjoying their work. Doesn't seem bad to me at all.

agreed, lantus already asked ppl to keep it to themselves and they go ahead do some stupid sh*t like this. :)

Thraxen Posted on Feb 22 2004, 03:51 AM

True... but why threaten to drop the project? That's just childish. It's the equivalent of a kid on the playground threatening to take his ball and go home. The exact same. So you have one or two guys being dicks... and thousands who are simply enjoying their work. Doesn't seem bad to me at all. 

its just to this point, do you make the emu? No he does there for its up to him to do what he wants with it.

Edited by Prican25

its just to this point, do you make the emu? No he does there for its up to him to do what he wants with it.

He can decide if he wants to release the source or decide if he want to officially support newer games, but he doesn't get to decide if people hack it. In fact, these emus are all ported with XDK and thus illegal. Doesn't MS get to decide who uses XDK? So it's rather hypocritical to whine about people hacking your emu when your emu is built with XDK and only runs on hacked XBOXs running technically illegal BIOS'.

Edited by Thraxen

When it all came out about kof2003 being emulated on FBAX, some dude posted on his Forum and on X-Scene the driver, etc.

Lantus was cool about it, he edited out the driver and said keep this stuff to yourselves, dont come to my forum and post this kind of stuff........

i was surprised he was that cool about it.

Then these dudes come out askin for source that he clearly said he would not release. Lantus posted on his site that "POINT releases" would not have the source available........this means 4.1,.2,.3,.4,.x.....you get the idea.....

so the only next step would be B5....then with it a new source and all these bugs killed and a better emu.

Now, only time will tell what they do. He mentioned on his forum that he has not discontinued the project, hes just gonna chill from it for awhile.......but who knows what that means.

Im not takin anything away from these guys as far as the technical progress made to the emu. (i still want to learn how to take out that damn box....ive made an ice-cube.)

Pride got the best of them and potentially ruined progress of a new emulator for us on xbox.

There was still a lot of room for growth with respect to neogeo emulation on fbax.

again, its about respecting the man's wish. if you give no respect, you ain't gonna get any from him either which why this is happening. yea we know XDK is illegal but so is a modchip and having backups of games that you don't own.

the man does this for others enjoyment is his spare time and to stick some bs to his face that he asked others to keep to themselves is gonna make him stop working on it.

remember kawa-x being hacked and Mr.K being pissed; whens the last time you seen kawa-x updated?

heh, I had to hack a DC neogeo emu awhile ago because 1. It didnt support jack games (it was seriously like 14 games) and 2. it ran like crap because of the stupidest things like loading sprites into the RAM multiple times which is just stupid and useless

but you dont see me throwing it around and giving it out (and i especially wont now, because im sure the author would get mad at me for saying the above)

I know that if i made my own emulator, i would leave it open source, i would say, hey, you can modify it if you want, send me a copy, and ill host it on the official website for you!

i see it as helping the author, your taking their work and improving it, i certainly wouldnt be mad, everyone needs help with something, if i got stuck programming a certain part, and couldnt do it, im sure there must be SOMEONE else who could, so why not? Id throw their name in teh credits and everything.

It comes down to this. If Yoshiro can handle conversion of the PC FBA updates to XBOX using the tools he has right now, then theres no problem, he can continue to update his emu based off of the pc versions (which is ultimately what Lantus would do among other things)

Now if for somereason there is a dependency on a future build by Lantus, there in lies the problem.

I have spoken to Yoshihiro and he is confident that he can continue to update the emulator.

so who knows.