I got my hands on a Mega CD, you know the CD-ROM add-on for the megadrive/genisis.

I got it with a megadrive already attatched but I don't know how to use the CD-ROM, do I need a Cart to tell it to run the CD Game, anyone got one and can help?

:blink:

Are you using burned cds? I may be talking out of my arse here, but I assume that the MegaCD needs some kind of modding to be able to play backup/import CDs (I only say this because every other CD console system (except the dreamcast, from what I've heard) needs some kind of modification to play backup/import CDs)

Edited by random guy

No, theyre all originals, I just don't get it  :ph34r:

hmmm....I'm sorry to say this, but maybe you got ripped off and the mega CD part of the system doesn't work :P

My condolences.

maybe the cd reader is dirty. Try cleaning the lens. then see if it can plays games. If thaty doesnt work bust inside the system and check if there is any faulty wiring/connections. Well this dosent work I fresh outta ideas :blink:

hhmm being an old system you will be lucky the laser is still working.anyway it wont hurt cleaning the the lens and see what happens no cart is needed just make sure the cd unit is connected properly.