Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What about this new PSP?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

random guy

random guy

What the hell are YOU staring at?

• Ultra Members
  • 1,964 posts
  • Interests:Emulation *duh*
    BASS guitar.
Click to view battle stats
Anyone heard about the new PSP? That's PlayStation Portable - Sony has designed a handheld console to compete with the GameBoy Advance. It looks funky. Check it out here.

Also, the discs the games will come on are "Universal Media Discs". Does anyone have any idea what these are? Also, do you know if a CD or DVD drive could write to them? :-D

Apparently, it will be released in September or so...

Inky

Inky

I ain't old, just out of date.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,123 posts
  • Interests:rockabilly, psychobilly, punk rock, tattoos. I'm married so I don't like girls anymore! :)
I'll get one. it's gonna be hard to muscle in on the Big N's handheld market. just ask SNK, Atari, Sega, NEC, and who ever made the wonderswan (I think Bandai?) But if anyones got deep enough pockets to do it it's Sony. as for the media I dunno the specs or if it is DVD or CD. But surely someone will figure a way to bootleg and copy the software.

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.

I'll get one. it's gonna be hard to muscle in on the Big N's handheld market. just ask SNK, Atari, Sega, NEC, and who ever made the wonderswan (I think Bandai?) But if anyones got deep enough pockets to do it it's Sony. as for the media I dunno the specs or if it is DVD or CD. But surely someone will figure a way to bootleg and copy the software.

Like they did with the Nokia N-Gage already. :-D

Lightsier

Lightsier

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 101 posts
There's a difference. The N-Gage never had a future, the PSP has one.

Tidus

Tidus

The Shadow......

• Premium Members
  • 497 posts
Gonna Buy That Aww My Mum Surely Would Not let Me Buy It...

Inky

Inky

I ain't old, just out of date.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,123 posts
  • Interests:rockabilly, psychobilly, punk rock, tattoos. I'm married so I don't like girls anymore! :)
heheh I totally forgot the N-Gage. see that shows thier level of sucsess I remembered the wonderswan and not the N-Gage. eheheh.

Soundboz

Soundboz

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 154 posts
Here's my sight on what's foing to probably going to happen:

1.) Kid's won't be able to get their parents to buy them a psp when their parents see the price tag (Estimated: 250-ish)
2.) Hardcore PS2 junkies will join the bandwaggon
3.) Little kids will stick to GBA

It really comes down to the price tag, and if sony is going to push the "mature gamer" approach on the item (Like Nokia did).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users