PSX Emulation

Saraph

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

4GB DDR2 1066 RAM

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.4GHz

ATi HD 4870 1GB GDDR5 RAM

2x640GB HDD @ 7200RPM

I'm wondering what settings I should use for my set-up. Currently I'm trying to emulate everything I can. I know I can easily do PSX, just need to know the right plug-ins. Also, I would like to emulate Saturn and Dreamcast if that is at all possible. How is Playstation 2 emulation coming along?

For those specs, you should handle the following nicely;

- Playstation 2, with PCSX2. Faster and more compatible than ever.

- Wii/Gamecube, with Dolphin. Get a recent unofficial build, it improved big time.

- Nintendo DS. The 'norm' is no$gba, with Desmume and iDeaS close second places and improved nicely. no$gba hasnt been updated for a year and half, so...

For CPS3 and similar arcade boards, FinalBurnAlpha would do well. Bonus: very frequently updated.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

4GB DDR2 1066 RAM

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.4GHz

ATi HD 4870 1GB GDDR5 RAM

2x640GB HDD @ 7200RPM

I'm wondering what settings I should use for my set-up. Currently I'm trying to emulate everything I can. I know I can easily do PSX, just need to know the right plug-ins. Also, I would like to emulate Saturn and Dreamcast if that is at all possible. How is Playstation 2 emulation coming along?

For those specs, you should handle the following nicely;

- Playstation 2, with PCSX2. Faster and more compatible than ever.

- Wii/Gamecube, with Dolphin. Get a recent unofficial build, it improved big time.

- Nintendo DS. The 'norm' is no$gba, with Desmume and iDeaS close second places and improved nicely. no$gba hasnt been updated for a year and half, so...

For CPS3 and similar arcade boards, FinalBurnAlpha would do well. Bonus: very frequently updated.

Thanks Rikki! Wow, didn't know PS2 was emulated really at all. I'm still amazed my PC can run Sega Saturn decently! I've tried out Dolphin and it does run very nice, but I have a modded Wii around 5 feet away soo... Maybe if I ever decide to sell it will I get into Wii emulation. How exactly does DS work? Touch screen...?

Does anyone know what the best plug-ins to use on ePSXe with my set-up?

Edited by Saraph