DS2Key 1.01 - Now with Windows and Linux console support

sypherce

Please please please please please provide binaries (preferably for my Linux PC)! I simply cannot figure out how to compile the thing... :thumbsup1:

If you already have the code on your pc all you need to do is run gcc config.c key.c main.c -lXtst -o ds2key in /DS2Key.Server/DS2Key and it should compile. Make sure you have the Xtest extensions installed.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wanted to note that I fixed almost everything I can without user testing. I can't replicate the /p? bug anymore, but I know it's still there. Last thing I will (possibly) add before releasing a beta binary is the touch pad emulation. I might also work on the client a bit more but it seems functional enough.

Please please please please please provide binaries (preferably for my Linux PC)! I simply cannot figure out how to compile the thing... :(

If you already have the code on your pc all you need to do is run gcc config.c key.c main.c -lXtst -o ds2key in /DS2Key.Server/DS2Key and it should compile. Make sure you have the Xtest extensions installed.

Apparently, I both don't have Xtest extensions, and any idea what they are. My apt-get has never heard of them, and I think I'll just wait for the binaries - apt-get can't find DevkitARM either.

EDIT: Looks like I've found Xtest - I needed to install the "xorg-dev" package, which included it. I'll use an older version of the DS client (I've got 0.5, and it's connecting fine. :angry:)

Edited by 00Davo

• 3 weeks later...

I would just like to add that I've released binaries. They should work perfectly, but I'm wanting any input, and hopefully you guys can find any bugs that I couldn't.

I would just like to add that I've released binaries. They should work perfectly, but I'm wanting any input, and hopefully you guys can find any bugs that I couldn't.

Works good so far. Have yet to try the Guitar Grip but now I can use two DS's at the same time. Thanks.

Edit: nevermind what I originally posted.

There is an issue with the windows graphical client though. If you set the log level to "all messages", then the client will actually get slower and slower as it writes each message, and become unable to send the keypresses to the applicaiton in realtime. Probably a limit should be set on the amount of messages in the text box at once.

Edited by Zarxrax

Edit: nevermind what I originally posted.

There is an issue with the windows graphical client though. If you set the log level to "all messages", then the client will actually get slower and slower as it writes each message, and become unable to send the keypresses to the applicaiton in realtime. Probably a limit should be set on the amount of messages in the text box at once.

That is already a known issue, but you don't really need to see all messages unless you're testing your connection. I'm sure there is a method to set the text at a much faster rate, and hopefully I'll implement in the next release.

How do you configure the buttons? The graphical client just sets the key to "None" if you tell it to assign a key. I see a text file where I can manually specify the keys, but I don't know the names that it's looking for. I want to use the "up/down/left/right keys on my keyboard, but just saying KEY_UP etc just uses the arrow keys on the numpad.

Edited by Zarxrax

How do you configure the buttons? The graphical client just sets the key to "None" if you tell it to assign a key. I see a text file where I can manually specify the keys, but I don't know the names that it's looking for. I want to use the "up/down/left/right keys on my keyboard, but just saying KEY_UP etc just uses the arrow keys on the numpad.

I'm not sure how it's just setting it to "None", there is an option for it... what's the nationality of your keyboard input, is it just the standard american one or is it something else? I haven't tested unicode support and everything at this point, I don't know if it works or not. As for the arrow/numpad problem, it's a known problem, I do hope to fix it later in a future release, along with other things. If you find any other problems, please do report them here. That goes for everyone.