13. King II

14. Hwoarang

15. Ling Xiaoyu

16. Jin Kazama

17. Bryan Fury

18. Forrest Law

19. Julia Chang

20. Gun Jack

21. Kunimitsu (1st unlockable character)

22. Bruce Irvin (2nd unlockable character)

23. Jack-2 (3rd unlockable character)

24. Lee Chaolan (4th unlockable character)

25. Wang Jinrei (5th unlockable character)

26. Roger(6th unlockable character)

27. Kuma (7th unlockable character)

28. Kazuya Mishima (8th unlockable character)

29. Ogre (9th unlockable character)

30. True Ogre (10th unlockable character)

31. Prototype Jack (11th unlockable character)

32. Mokujin (12th unlockable character)

33. Devil (13th unlockable character)

34. Tiger Jackson (acts as a costume change for Eddy Gordo)

35. Alex (acts as a costume change for Roger)

36. Panda (acts as a costume change for Kuma)

37. Angel (acts as a costume change for Devil)

New Characters

1. Tetsujin (acts a costume change for Mokujin)

2. Unknown (14th and final unlockable character)

1-21.jpg

This game is the 4th installment to Tekken. It has nothing to do with the storyline progression, because it isn't labeled as the 4th tournament. Tekken Tag Tournament came with the 1st Playstation 2 Console Game Realest Line-Up, it hit hard in stores and was a immediate hit in the arcades. It is a well ported version of the arcade version and stands today as one of the most amazing 3Dimensional fighting games today. Namco comes back for another try in 2000, this time they up-scale to the Playstation 2, opening new doors for sound, graphics, and effects.

2-23.jpg

On this version it includes every character from the previous Tekken games, aswell as adding a few new characters. It's nice to see the same characters back in the day, new and re-freshed with crisp grahpics. There isn't much difference in gameplay, it's still the old Tekken engine with a few tweaks here and there. Arcade mode demands that you have a partner to team up with. In-Game you can Tag between characters in and out. You can also play Co-Op mode if you have a buddy near, you both can play Arcade mode, while both being able to tag with each other. That gives a better aspect of multiplayer and makes Arcade mode more enjoying from the original. Namco decided to take out Tekken Ball Mode and add a new mode called Tekken Bowl Mode. This is pretty self-explanatory. You can pick a Tekken fighter and with that character you can bowl, the character selection matters because each character has more speed, accuracy, or strength. That mode really hits hard in the multiplayer department and has a high replay value.

5-4.jpg

The graphics are polished and enhanced from Tekken 3. There isn't any jagged edges or blocky figures in the game. Mostly everything is smooth and realistic. The stages are more massive and detailed. There is movement in the background, people and other things going on. They added some small effects like the ground plummeting or moving as soon as a player hits the ground with impact. Which makes the game more realistic as well. They could have added more dialogue to the characters to bring them to life more, but they decided to have silent ending movies with only music and sound effects.

3-15.jpg

The sounds are great and really match the environment and feel. Some characters voices are recycled and re-used from the last game but players don't notice it that much. Going back to the gameplay. in Tag mode, if one character's life bar runs out the entire team loses. It doesn't make since if one character on tag-team dies, and the other player has full health, they should enable you to keep playing with only one character. Other modes are brought back too, such as Tekken Force and Theater mode, where you can view characters endings and listen to Stage Background music of your choosing.

4-5.jpg

The fighting system seems to be a tad bit deeper from the last game. They added more in-depth reversals and defense moves and counter attacks. This adds more character depth and replay value. Aside from that, if you've never played Tekken before and you're looking for a good brawler, Tekken Tag is something that you should pick up. Especially nowadays Tekken Tag can be found of stores like EB Games for 5 dollars. If you like Tekken and you haven't played any Tekken game after Tag, you should pick it up aswell.

Gameplay: 9

Graphics: 8.5

Sound: 9

Value: 10

Tilt: 10

Devia's Score: 9.75

Grade = A+

• 4 months later...
I think you should have gave it an overall graphics score of ten. I mean at its time it totally set new standards. Tekken 5 is really not that far ahead in the graphics department.

You must be smoking something chronic. TTT looked barely passable when it was released- it was good for a launch title and nothing much more than that. Visually, Tekken 5 shat on Tag.

I think you should have gave it an overall graphics score of ten. I mean at its time it totally set new standards. Tekken 5 is really not that far ahead in the graphics department.

Thats because you may not have seen Tekken five in Progressive mode! *drools*

From what I have read it's pretty much the same with better graphics, rage mode, and item attacks added.

No 8-way walking. :(

well i aint got a ps3 and it aint coming out on 360,ill just stick with the psp tekken.

i always preffered virtua fighter anyway.stiil looking for that saturn version of vf3.

You must be smoking something chronic. TTT looked barely passable when it was released- it was good for a launch title and nothing much more than that. Visually, Tekken 5 shat on Tag.

At the time I thought Tekken Tag looked amazing on the PS2.

I know you're not a big fan but Dead or Alive 2 for the PS2 owned Tekken Tag, and it came over from the Saturn (?) / Dreamcast.

DOA2 was never on the Saturn as far as I know. Yes it did originate on the DC in regards to home console ports. You are right by the way, I think I remember DOA looking nicer, but I still preferred Tekken's Visual look over DOA's.