[3/28/05] Shin Sangoku Musou Advance

Game: Shin Sangoku Musou Advance

System: GBA

Emulators: VBA, and maybe some others

title5mw.jpg

This game is another game that is base on the Chinese novel named Romance of the Kingdoms (ROTK). So, if you played any ROTK games liek Dynasty Warriors or read the novel itself. You must play this game!

select1dp.jpg

The game starts which you select a character from a kingdom, and you play as him or her for the rest of the game. The Shu kingdom have 5 stages, Wei has 6 stages, while Wu has 4.

character13mf.jpgcharacter25bc.jpg

In the game, your character levels up when fighting, and the good thing is that, you can reuse your character. Taking an example, if you use Zhao Yun, you finish the game once, and he is level 13, you will be allowed to play the game again with a level 13 Zhao Yun, so you can train any characters as high as possible. Each characters can use three types of weapons. The three bars (refer to the picture on the right) shows how good your characters are using the type of weapon, therefore he or she can use more powerful weapons.

weapons2rn.jpg

Due to a bug in that game, you get to recive ALL weapons easily. And the good part of the game is that if you character X (file 1) gets a weapon A, your character Y (file 2) can get to use it!

Controls: 8. Everything is easy to control, but lack of one thing, you can't change the keys yourself. So, you have to change the emu settings instead.

Gameplay: 7. It's a very great game with tons of great features. But it lacks characters to play with. But can't blame them, it's a GBA game.

Graphics: 9. I would give it 10 if the minor characters have their own sprites, but they don't.

Sound: N/A. I decied for my reviews, I'm going to skip sound, because I don't really care, and neither do I know what sound is good or bad.

Overall Score: (8+7+9)/3=8

Grade: A

Overall I give this game a thumbs up, it's so great that I've not been coming to 1emu for days!!!

What the hell?! How did you masterfully weave your way through the blasted menus. I tried for about 15 minutes to enter into the game but I kept going to nonsense menu areas and couldn't enter the game.

What the hell?! How did you masterfully weave your way through the blasted menus. I tried for about 15 minutes to enter into the game but I kept going to nonsense menu areas and couldn't enter the game.

Just press the first line of every page. And if there are two choices appearing, choose the left one.