3D arcade

Cool, but now I need help. lol

When I run a game via this FE, it doesn't make use of my MAME cfg files (My controls wont work.....and I can't set them either)

Running Mame normally things work fine.

Basically everything works fine........my games are cab'ed and I can go up to a cabinet and run a game of my choice, I just can't control it with anything but default settings of keyboard controls.

Any idea?

I had the same problem mine was because i use mame32 normally and the 3darcade uses mame anyways I cured it by editing the mame.cfg file which is in the mame folder (as opposed to the same file in the 3darcade folder) this file contains the default settings and towards the end there should be a line which starts "joystick =" this needs to be

joystick = 1

Worked for me, let me know if it doesnt and ill rethink

I use Mame32 as well. The docs say it works fine.

No Mame.cfg file here.

Joystick control is enabled though. If I run Mame32 outside of the frontend, all is fine.

If I run it from the frontend, it's no go. Everything is default controls and I can't change them.

I even tried plain old command line version of Mame, and the same thing.

Again.........no Mame.cfg file generated. (I've never seen a Mame.cfg file ever........cfg files are stored in the cfg folder and they are not legible)

ok I have some more options for you

1. Inside the folder which contains your mame32 executable ther is also a file called mame32.ini if you open this and scroll down to "### Input device options ###" and make sure it says "joystick 1".

Dont foret the file I am referring to is in the same folder as the mame32.exe and file - it is not part of 3darcade.

2. Alternatively if you pm me your email address I can send you the mame.cfg file thats in my folder so u could use that.

3. If all else fails, you could tell me the executable paths for mame and your mp3 files (on your pc) and I will set the thing up for you and email u the config files as a rar archive that oveerwrites your existing files.

Man there is no INI file Mame or Mame32 uses on my computer.

All the config files are stored in the CFG folder. (Default.cfg and each game has its own cfg file), and they contain no user readable data.

I don't get it. If I don't use the frontend (Like I always have) everything is peachy. If I launch a game from the frontend, I cannot change anything but via keyboard. Strange.

Yep everything is working perfect now. (If only I could get Modeler to work with it. It doesn't have any command line switches that I know of, only a GUI.)

Time to whip out 3d studio max again too. I want an AfterBurner II cabinet (The sitdown one) and it appears nobody has made one. So I'm going to try my hand at making one.

Time to go picture hunting, or to the nearest arcade.

You're basic upright cab (Like most of them) doesn't require a tonne of work. Though the detail the guy's have put into the cabs available sure takes some time to do. All the little buttons etc.

If you take a look at the Sinistar sitdown one guy made, that would require a good deal of work. As will an AfterBurner II sitdown.

I'm no pro with 3ds Max, but I can do it.........will just take time.