Desperate cry for closure

BoomBa_GoosE

How long have you had the RAM you're using? When I bought my recent system, I had a similar problem and memory tests checked out ok despite the continuing issue. After a little more testing and google searching, I figured out that I had to tweak the RAM settings in my BIOS for my specific RAM sticks. Since I've done that, everything works like a charm. And no, I didn't have to slow it down or anything, just set it to the right (high-perf) options instead of auto-detect everything.

Also, it could be a heating issue, as gryph, myself, and others have mentioned. Get a prog to monitor your CPU temp as you work and watch for spikes or warnings.

How long have you had the RAM you're using?  When I bought my recent system, I had a similar problem and memory tests checked out ok despite the continuing issue.  After a little more testing and google searching, I figured out that I had to tweak the RAM settings in my BIOS for my specific RAM sticks.  Since I've done that, everything works like a charm.  And no, I didn't have to slow it down or anything, just set it to the right (high-perf) options instead of auto-detect everything.

Also, it could be a heating issue, as gryph, myself, and others have mentioned.  Get a prog to monitor your CPU temp as you work and watch for spikes or warnings.

btw thanks everyone for ur help....

that sounds interesting, where can i get such programs to monitor my CPU temp?