King of Fighters 2004?

I don't think the Ikari team is going anywhere. First off, they're too popular. Second, it makes sense for them story-wise to be in KoF. They've entered almost every year, making them just as much a mainstay as Iori (is he still the most popular character?), and now that Orochi power seems to be trading hands like a baseball card it makes no sense for them to choose this year to quit, in SNK-logic.

Of course, they could still be involved with the story but unplayable... but their inclusion in MI, IMHO, cements their inclusion. MI was intended to bring in a new audience, and as you've mentioned all three were in - why bring new fans to *three* characters and then drop them all? Makes no sense.

[edit: I also have great hope that many of the characters left out of 2k3 were left out for space and tag-balance reasons, and that teams like Vanessa-Seth-Someone-other-than-Ramon are re-included. A long time ago I made a "dream-roster" for KoF, in which Heavy D! was recruited to join Vanessa and Seth, just like Ramon was. I'm still holding out hope for this.]

Edited by Swithin

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Ikari team is going anywhere. First off, they're too popular. Second, it makes sense for them story-wise to be in KoF. They've entered almost every year, making them just as much a mainstay as Iori (is he still the most popular character?), and now that Orochi power seems to be trading hands like a baseball card it makes no sense for them to choose this year to quit, in SNK-logic.

Of course, they could still be involved with the story but unplayable... but their inclusion in MI, IMHO, cements their inclusion. MI was intended to bring in a new audience, and as you've mentioned all three were in - why bring new fans to *three* characters and then drop them all? Makes no sense.

[edit: I also have great hope that many of the characters left out of 2k3 were left out for space and tag-balance reasons, and that teams like Vanessa-Seth-Someone-other-than-Ramon are re-included. A long time ago I made a "dream-roster" for KoF, in which Heavy D! was recruited to join Vanessa and Seth, just like Ramon was. I'm still holding out hope for this.]

What's wrong with Ramon? I like him!! :(:lol:

What's wrong with Ramon? I like him!! :(:lol:

everyone loves RAMON!!! VIVA MEJICO!!! lol i love it when he says that althoght he doest really fit in with Vanessa and Seth...they should have a Lucha Libre team with Ramon, Tizoc and Raiden

I knew they wanted to bring back Raiden but in the last moments decided to use Tizoc instead...mabey they will have a team Geese...with Billy and Raiden...but then there woudnt be a need for the outlaw team and i love them too

what i would really love is a new Kyokugen team with Robert ,Ryo and Marco!!! im getting tired of Yuri, she plays way too much like Ryu

Ah, but Yuri's got the slap-move.

Btw, I'm not a Ramon user, but I don't have anything against the character. I just don't think he fits with Seth and Vanessa, who are gov't sponsored. He joined with them to get some fame, but now that's happened. It's time for him to strike off on his own and party-up with other glory-seekers, making room for another recruit.

Yuri Belongs on the Womens/Girls team and if they wanna no longer use Andy as dissapointing as that is they could always Put Mary there because she fits in fine with Joe and Terry

I think Seth and Vanessa should team up with a new character....mabey a kid who wears a shirt and tie like they do

May Lee rocks.. Screw how powerful she is or isn't, she's a more interesting character than many of the newer ones, and more fitting in the KOF world than her contemporaries the "our designers watch too much anime" team. She should not have replaced King, but that's her only real crime. I'd pick her over Hinako anyday.

And Ramon isn't bad either. He probably doesn't belong with Vanessa and Seth, and he's a little wacky, but he's cool. He could use some tweaking, but he plays differently enough that I like him.

KyokugenKiss, how could you say you want Butt, and then say that Yuri plays too much like Ryu? All three have their differences, but they're equally similar, IMO (if that makes any sense).

The new MI characters are... OK... They all look pretty retarted, but at least a few of them have movesets that would be interesting in 2D. Alba and the blonde girl would be decent if converted. The capoeira guy is kind of boring, and the cat-girl is just dumb. And yes, KOF2K4 should be 2D. 3D is a cute novelty, but MI plays more like bloody roar than KOF, and should remain a spin-off of the tried-and-true 2D titles.

the flagship kof series will never go 3d, the 2d will just get better and better

i liked kof MI especially Alba Mierra, i cant wait to see him in 2d because im sure it will happen and as far as i know they will have more MI's in the future with more detailed and pesonalized story modes, custom character outfits, and perhaps even weapons