Who are your favorite game developers?

Gryph

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Manke - not really a dev but who the hell doesnt know "They Hunger" series. nearly all his older maps from Q1 are also worthwhile mentions.

Steven Polge - you know? those awesome Unreal/UT Bots, hes the criminal <_<

i could say that i admire all AI developers, emulating human thoughts for MP gaming is just never an easy task to begin with.

Yu Suzuki. For Shenmue, not VF.

Mine is Yu Suzuki - but for everything he's done, not just what most people know he's done (Shenmue and VF). I would say AM2, but seeing as you want individuals...

Out Run, F355 Challenge, Virtua Fighter series, Daytona USA, Powerdrift, Virtua Racing, All favourites of mine.

[shenmue is nowhere near as good as most other Yu Suzuki games - although I do like it]

Other developers I love are - Akira Nishitani, Shigeru Miyamoto, Hisao Oguchi, Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Sega Rally etc - not for Rez) and Noritaki Funamizu.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

Man utd fan?

Well its easy to support a team with millions up on millions of pounds, try supporting leeds unted like i do!!!!

I support MU becos of the Eric Cantona's kung fu kick. Since then, I have been a fan. It is just coincidence that they are the richest club

in the EPL :P

With one exception, I am indifferent to everything Yuji Naka has ever done. He is one of those producers that is mentioned constantly just because people know his name.

The entire Sonic series is diabolical. Chu Chu - broken. Phantasy Star Online - I hate online games anyway, Burning Rangers - nothing special. But NiGHTS..... Man. Oh. Man. This game displays what I would call 'accidental genius' and will constantly remain as one of my all time favourites. :P

Also;

valovedder 

post Oct 14 2004, 07:45 AM

I beleive the future rising star to be Toshihiro Nagoshi for Super Monkey Ball and the latest F Zero.

I am the biggest Sega AM department (as was) fan in the world and I almost exclusively dislike Nagoshi's work. I don't believe he actually 'understands' games, and certainly not as well as any of Sega's other prominent arcade producers do. I'll continue with that opinion until he shows me something, anything that proves otherwise.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku