Who are your favorite game developers?

Gryph

Well I was talking to Fatal earlier today and we were talking about game developers so I decided to pose this question to you guys. Who are your favorite game developers/directors/project leaders/etc.? And if possible include your favorite game(s) by that person.

Mine are:

Sid Meier - Civilization, Pirates

Peter Molyneux - Populus, Dungeon Keeper

George Broussard - Duke Nukem 3D

John Carmack - Doom, Quake, Commander Keen

Feargus Uruquhart - Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate

Warren Spector - Deus Ex

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuji Naka & Miyamoto should be mentioned in EVERY list like this.

Miyamoto single handedly blessed us with platforming (damn good platforming at that) and basic, interactive D&D type game, that it is almost impossible to deny, even if you hate Nintendo, that Miyamoto was key in console gaming.

Naka is the answer from SEGA to Miyamoto. Sonic, THE fastest and smoothest platformer out there, was made to combat that bastard Mario. Naka, also an innovator, created NiGHTS, a rail game that made you feel like you were truly flying freely.

Naka & Miyamoto. Two gaming gods, and great developers.

Anon.

Yuji Naka & Miyamoto should be mentioned in EVERY list like this.

Miyamoto single handedly blessed us with platforming (damn good platforming at that) and basic, interactive D&D type game, that it is almost impossible to deny, even if you hate Nintendo, that Miyamoto was key in console gaming.

Naka is the answer from SEGA to Miyamoto. Sonic, THE fastest and smoothest platformer out there, was made to combat that bastard Mario. Naka, also an innovator, created NiGHTS, a rail game that made you feel like you were truly flying freely.

Naka & Miyamoto. Two gaming gods, and great developers.

Anon.

Well, it really depend on which type of games we like.

And since I hate Mario, and I'm not into Sonic much (except Sonic DC), I wouldn't list them down