mr. dangerfield

if anyone just died, its sad but i mean this is rodney dangerfield. hes a classic, hes a huge part of pop culture. i think its a big enough deal to make a thread. maybe someone has somethin that they liked bout him. i loved his acts. i love that lady bug movie he did. it was stoopid but man, he was hilarious...

Ohh, that is really sad :( He was truly a legend. Probably his best role was in Caddyshack, and he had too much artistic integrity to appear in the awful sequel (same as Bill Murray perhaps).

Still, at 82 he had a good run.

This really is a sad day for comedians, and people with a sense of humor, for that matter.

I really enjoyed his brand of self-depricating humor, as I use it regularly. I saw him very early in my life, and I can see some comedic traits I picked up from him. I will miss him, and I hope that he died smiling; that is the only way to go...

Anon.

Why do I feel so stupid for not knowing who this man really was?

I've heard of Caddyshack and how good it is, but I've never seen it.

Oh, you've been missing out. Caddyshack is next to Animal House as THE best gross-out/frat style comedy (although it isn't set in school but on a golf course, obviously). Also, if you've ever seen that Simpsons episode where Burns's son comes into town, that was Rodney Dangerfield.