i want to get an XBox but....

L.S.D

Doom3 Co-Op

Theres already a mod for the PC version for that :D

A little too late :punk:

Dont use it, it submitts your CD key to these bastages...

That is a completely different.

A new beta one came out developed by a different team.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw in my vote for the PC upgrade. Yeah, it costs a little more, but unless you're really attached to Halo or Ninja Gaiden, your PC can do just as much and more than even a modded xbox.

The games they share look better on the PC, you don't have to pay X-Box Live! fees to play online, and you'll get a wide variety of free user-made mods and conversions (like counterstrike, to use a dated example), not to mention freeware and public betas that are far more common on PC (gunbound being a good example). They can both play DVDs and music. They can both use emulators for the All-In-One effect, some of which have internet play on a PC. And to top it all off, everything you already do on your PC will be that much smoother.

To be fair, if you're going to have a bunch of people over all the time to sit around and play games, the Xbox could be a better option, but it depends on what your friends like to play. There isn't a lot on the Xbox that is able to hold the interest of myself and my friends for very long. And you could always just get some USB gamepads and go crazy with the emulators on PC (Gravis Gamepad Pro USB, best gamepad ever for half the price of an XB controller). The Xbox MIGHT be more portable, but honestly I've seen smaller computers. :punk:

So yeah, if you have the money, my vote's for the PC upgrade. If money is a factor, wait until you have it, and then upgrade your PC. :D

my pc sucks lol , i got a xbox instead :D , i like it :punk:

but if your really attachted to the pc and like to play with the mouse and keyboard..............smartjoy-frag-xbox.jpg it should be coming out very soon........lol

SmartJoy® FRAG™ is a unique adapter that allows you to connect standard PS/2 compatible mice and keyboards to your PlayStation®2 or Xbox® console. You will be able to enjoy First-Person Shooters (FPS), or any other game where targeting is important, the way they are meant to be played.

Both versions, for PlayStation®2 and Xbox®, are fully programmable and come with pre-installed key configurations for the best games available on PlayStation®2 and Xbox®. Advanced features such as Deadzone adjustments and mouse control inversion guarantee best gaming experience with your favorite titles.

there presets for game like halo and stuff lol , i think alot of people have been waiting for this

basically heres my point of view : if your rich ---> pc , poor---->xbox or simliar system except gay-cube ;)

Edited by madienmasher

MS5 is coming out for it in Japan. EAT THAT.

What? SNK Playmore is also porting stuff to the GC? That was new...although it's understandable since the PS2 and Bill-BOX got ports as well.

Gamecube is sweet except for FPSes, which is best on XBox, if your counting Consoles only

PC is the best for everything, but costs HELLA more. And alot of the new games that are coming out are like If you dont have 3500 dollars to spend on a PC, Tough crap, your not playing them.

MS5 is coming out for it in Japan. EAT THAT.

What? SNK Playmore is also porting stuff to the GC? That was new...although it's understandable since the PS2 and Bill-BOX got ports as well.

The massive fan upraising that took place on neo-geo.com demanding SNK port games to the Gamecube.

PC is the best for everything, but costs HELLA more. And alot of the new games that are coming out are like If you dont have 3500 dollars to spend on a PC, Tough crap, your not playing them.

Eh, an exaggeration. You could build a pretty awesome PC from the ground up (as long as you had a monitor) for under $1000. Here's one now, from Directron.com:

Antec Sonata Case

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe Mobo (Onboard GHz LAN and 8-Channel Audio)

1 Gig of Kingston 400MHz DDR RAM

Pentium 4 3.0 GHz (800MHz FSB)

Vantec AeroFlow 2 CPU Cooler

Seagate 120GB Serial-ATA Hard Drive

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Total Price: $996.23 before shipping (probably another $20-30)

And those are all top-of-the-line parts, pretty much. It's more than enough to play the latest round of games (Doom3, HL2, etc). You could throw in a top-brand DVD burner for another hundred bucks. If you were willing to compromise the top-of-the-line parts, you could probably cut that down a LOT.

To save on money. Getting a AMD Athlon 64 754 or 939 Chipset 3200+ or 3400+ will run ya maybe 100 bucks less.

Pft...pre-built computers...a real gamer builds his own. :punk: I've never going to buy a prebuilt computer for my self, there's no fun in it. Yet another reason why I'm not a huge fan of consoles.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Get an xbox, its alot cheaper then a pc, and for the upgrade you would most likely need to play them games looking better then xbox versions, its also going to cost you alot less, now the xbox cpu being 533MHz or whatever doesn't matter, look at some of the games that play on the xbox with that processer, would they plau looking that good on a pc with the same specs??, no they wouldn't, a consoles processer power, and a pc's processers power can not be directly compered, as with a console the games can be very optimized as they are only working with hardware that will be in every console, with a pc they have to take into count lots of hardware, so yeah its really down to you, but if i was you i'd get an xbox, its going to cost you alot less.

For other consoles, yes. But for the Xbox, this is a load of BS. Of all the consoles, Xbox code is the most similar to Windows code. Access to hw acceleration is via DirectX on both systems, direct hw register programming is largely a thing of the past.

I already know the xbox is the most like the pc, but it still doesn't change the fact that the processer speeds mean nothing with the 2 of them, and if it is the case, then do you mind telling me how doom 3 can run on xbox looking pretty good, yet it wouldn't run on a pc with the same specs?, oh how games like splinter cell etc, also run looking great on an xbox, but on a pc with the same spec they run like crap??.