Game - "A moment of silence"

Aoshi

Holy Crap a very intresting game but 4 freaking disk

man this game is looking to suck up my life

Game - A Moment Of Silence

Description

Digital Jesters has announced that the forthcoming title 'The Moment of Silence' has been pushed back until November 2004. The game is scheduled to appear as a four-disc extravaganza just in time to make use of the holiday season.

Not only will the game feature 75 stunning locations designed by award-winning CG artists and more than 500 interactive screens, it will now feature a massive 30 minutes of motion video.

The Moment of Silence is a high-tech political thriller. Players step into the shoes of Peter Wright, a communications designer currently working on the Government's 'Freedom of Speech' campaign. When a SWAT team storms his neighbour's apartment, it is Peter's job to uncover the truth behind his mysterious disappearance.

Leo Zullo, marketing director, Digital Jesters, explained some of the reasons for the delay: The sheer size of The Moment Of Silence has meant that unfortunately we have had to push back the release date. If this means waiting an extra month to make this game one of the biggest graphical adventures ever seen on the PC then we are all for it. As I am sure all those who play it will be.

Game Features

- Pre-rendered backgrounds and 3D characters

- A unique, highly immersive espionage thriller story

- Spectacular scenes and actions

- True-to-life characters with strong biographical background

- Fascinating, well researched visions of the near future

- 75 locations, designed by award-winning CG artists

- More than 500 interactive screens and 35 speaking 3D characters

- 30 minutes of full screen video

- Eight hours of professional voice acting

- Lip synchronisation using phonetic voice analysis

- Motion captured animation

- Real-time facial expressions

The Moment Of Silence will be released by Digital Jesters for PC in November 2004, with a suggested retail price of GBP 29.99 (USD 54)

Haven't heard of it till now but I'll give it a try. It sounds quite interesting.

4 disks? That's nothing. Half-Life 2 will be 6 CDs. Games should just be on DVD now, screw all the people who don't have DVD drives by now.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Haven't heard of it till now but I'll give it a try. It sounds quite interesting.

4 disks? That's nothing. Half-Life 2 will be 6 CDs. Games should just be on DVD now, screw all the people who don't have DVD drives by now.

UT2k4? 6 CDs. KOTOR 6, HL2 = 6 to 8 depending on what package you get.

No...Half-Life 2 is 6 CDs for the regular retail. The Collectors Edition will be 1 DVD.

No...Half-Life 2 is 6 CDs for the regular retail. The Collectors Edition will be 1 DVD.

Download package0r for those with CD-R writers.

[quote name='K`dash' date='Sep 30 2004, 07:50 PM'][quote name='GryphonKlaw' date='Sep 30 2004, 07:35 PM'] [quote name='K`dash' date='Sep 30 2004, 07:27 PM'] [quote name='GryphonKlaw' date='Sep 30 2004, 07:05 PM'] Haven't heard of it till now but I'll give it a try. It sounds quite interesting.

4 disks? That's nothing. Half-Life 2 will be 6 CDs. Games should just be on DVD now, screw all the people who don't have DVD drives by now.[/quote]
UT2k4? 6 CDs. KOTOR 6, HL2 = 6 to 8 depending on what package you get. [/quote]
No...Half-Life 2 is 6 CDs for the regular retail. The Collectors Edition will be 1 DVD. [/quote]
Download package0r for those with CD-R writers. [/quote]
Well if you count those then maybe. I don't know how big the entire download is. But most people will just burn them on to 1 DVD. Edited by GryphonKlaw

Imagine how big MGS2 for PC would be on CDs......no wonder it was released ONLY on DVD.

7.3GB installation..........which is the size on the DVD too, not an unpacked size.

And wait till I get a DVD burner to switch to all DVD software. lol

Imagine how big MGS2 for PC would be on CDs......no wonder it was released ONLY on DVD.

7.3GB installation..........which is the size on the DVD too, not an unpacked size.

I remember seeing a 5 CD torrent for MGS2:S on Suprnova. ;) I was like "flock that..."

I download DVD concerts and stuff. Downloading a game thats 4 gigs wouldn't be that bad. Just need the space.

I remember seeing a 5 CD torrent for MGS2:S on Suprnova. :lol: I was like "flock that..."

Actually I think that was 7 CDs. My PS2 version kicks that to the m00n. DVD releases = the way to go.