Takuma

Fatal Rose

Guess what AOF is not the first game Takuma starred in, and if any of you know Terry Rogers from 3 Count Bout that was not the only game he was in. I have proof, check out these screens below.

title4.jpg

Takuma1.jpg

Ok if that’s not Takuma than I don't know who it is.

Takuma2.jpg

Perfect shot there. That’s him alright.

Takuma3.jpg

And if you are wondering who that is fighting along side him there it's Terry Rogers from 3 Count Bout.

terry1.jpg

Costume is a bit different but the two are both pro wrestlers and have a similar theme to them, USA like pants long blond hair etc... I mean who else it could be.

Yea I know this information is pretty useless, but I found it interesting, and I also thought the hardcore SNK peeps here might find interest in it also.

So I guess they are either the same or spin off's of the characters shown above.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I already knew. :P

He was called Mr.Karate in AOF1, and in this he was called "Karate Man" and he also had the Zanretsuken. He was later obviously Takuma. I was incredibly p!ssed when I found out (back in 2000) that Takuma's striker was not the other blonde guy (or Terry Rogers). BTW - In the Megadrive version Karate Man wore an orange Gi (later worn by his son Ryo and his other costume color in KOF95).

And about Terry Rogers - It makes sense seeing as they later reused this character when SNK came to make a wrestling based game. :P

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

I didnt know divulging hardcore game knowledge was a good thing to do in this forum. I could have given you all some great videogame rare knowledge if I thought you wanted it. :P

But it is a good find Fatal. Try and share some other rare Capcom or SNK facts and let's see if I already knew it...

I'll just list a few here:

1. The Circo Porto sign from TMNT Tournament Fighters and Gokujyo Parodius is the name of Konami's amusement arcade centre. Much like Namco's Wonder Park. I once helped a coin collector by telling him that a Circo Porto token he had wasn't Italian like he thought, but Japanese.

2. Capcom's first ever game (arcade - 1984) was Vulgus, and it featured the "Yashichi" as an enemy - the symbol used in many future games to give you a huge points bonus, it was also one of the icons used to show which mode you were highlighting on SNES and MD Megadrive Street Fighter games (along with versions of the Side Arms sprites).

3. The yellow rabbit in Super Mario 64 who gives you 2 power stars is called MIPS. The same name as the Nintendo 64s CPU

I can't think of anymore at the moment. It's very hard trying to think of rare facts while I'm sitting here typing, but there are lots of things that I am sure not many other people have noticed or thought about. The Street Smart thing was a great one, but Fatal beat me to it. :clapping:

:P Don't worry I'm not trying to show off. It's just that I've learned lots and lots about games over the years.

Anybody else have some rare game knowledge? Type them in this topic and see if people know about it.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

When you press switch on the back and press the upper button on the front of the PS2 system, it comes on...*GASP!*

I bet no one knew that. HA!

Edited by Skythe

When you press switch on the back and press the upper button on the front of the PS2 system, it comes on...*GASP!*

I bet no one knew that. HA!

Really?! Thanks so much! I've been hitting my PS2 with a hammer repeateadly on the top side to get it to work, now I can finally play Devil May Cry 2! :lol:

Edited by GryphonKlaw