The TGS Wrap Up Thread

Wizard

Well, E3 is mainly Amrican developers.  I'm not sure about Japanese developers porting to Japanese releases, and if so, the port ratio from U.S./Japanese is like 1000 to 1.

true. But surely games like gta, and doom III etc... would get ported to Japan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care whether GT4 has online feature or not. The gameplay sucks anyway.

How does it suck? Last I heard the game had excellent gameplay.

It depends on what you're looking for in a racer. If you're looking for an arcade racer, the GT series is definately not for you. I'm not going to say it's "realistic" (although it probably is, relatively speaking), but I liked it because it added a level of depth to racing that most other games didn't give me.

Before GT3, I'd never played a racer that made me think about the effects of engine placement, or taking turns from the outside-in, or how I wanted to tweak my camber for that extra help on a certain track. But things like that made GT3 a deeper challenge for me than any other racer I'd played, and kept my interest far longer than any of the "go fast, then powerslide, then boost when you have it" racers I was used to. It made me learn "the line," and how that line changes for differently tuned cars, a LOT more than any other racer. And that's not going to be everybody's cup of tea.

I don't care whether GT4 has online feature or not. The gameplay sucks anyway.

How does it suck? Last I heard the game had excellent gameplay.

It depends on what you're looking for in a racer. If you're looking for an arcade racer, the GT series is definately not for you. I'm not going to say it's "realistic" (although it probably is, relatively speaking), but I liked it because it added a level of depth to racing that most other games didn't give me.

Before GT3, I'd never played a racer that made me think about the effects of engine placement, or taking turns from the outside-in, or how I wanted to tweak my camber for that extra help on a certain track. But things like that made GT3 a deeper challenge for me than any other racer I'd played, and kept my interest far longer than any of the "go fast, then powerslide, then boost when you have it" racers I was used to. It made me learn "the line," and how that line changes for differently tuned cars, a LOT more than any other racer. And that's not going to be everybody's cup of tea.

Well, I like realistic racing but the gameplay is boring if you keep on racing on a fix track. That's why I like the Shutoku Battle Series by Genki.

It has 3 cities (Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka) as the race track.

The concept is original (SP battle meter, 2 vs 1, endurance etc etc)

It is street racing with racing groups for you to beat!

It has bosses to beat!! :D (Very dramatic when the bosses comes :( )

Heh, I really love the series. I never miss one (except for the PS port)

With GT3, I found my self researching more on cars and stuff. Excited for GT4, but the online play isn't there. But i'm still getting the game. I've been playing since GT2, which was another damn fine game.

I was never a huge fan of Gran Turismo games...or any racing game for that matter. I only like cars in games if you can use them to inflict harm upon other things in the game, not just drive around and around on a flocking track.

I was never a huge fan of Gran Turismo games...or any racing game for that matter. I only like cars in games if you can use them to inflict harm upon other things in the game, not just drive around and around on a flocking track.

Then Burnout 3 is tailormade for you... and for me too. Awesome bullet-time-like moments.

Then Burnout 3 is tailormade for you... and for me too. Awesome bullet-time-like moments.

After liking GT3 so much, I was surprised to find that I got a huge kick out of Burnout 2. Burnout 3 looks to be that much more of the same crunchy goodness.