My new Sig

Shibathedog

it looks like an xbox mashed into a mac.

Specs

Phantom™ Game Receiver

AMD® Athlon™ XP 2500+ central processing unit (CPU)

NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 Ultra graphics processing unit (GPU)

NVIDIA nForce™2 Ultra 400 platform processor

256 MB RAM

40 GB local content cache

Microsoft Windows XP® Embedded Operating System

Dynamic, personalized user interfaces customizable for age, gender or technical expertise

Lapboard, mouse and game pad included

HDTV and Dolby® Digital 5.1 compatible

Works with any consumer-standard broadband Internet Service Provider (ISP): DSL or faster

Heres some pics

http://www.infiniumlabs.com/mediacenter/product_shots.php

Edited by Shibathedog

Infinium labs made a big mistake having their logos availible for download at their website :blink:

How about trying to release a console is their biggest mistake. If it doesn't just end up canned like the Nuon and M2 I'll be very surprised. It hasn't got a chance of being even slightly successful.

I can't believe some people are still daft enough to think they can break into the hardware industry.

Look out for this and the "Gizmondo" in the skanky console graveyard.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

IF it isn't all just a scam or doesn't fizzle out before a release, this thing is doomed from day one anyway. The very idea that once you run out of space you have to permanently replace a game you've already paid for just to fit a new game on your hard-drive is just ridiculous, and will surely anger the consumer.

Did any of you read all that stuff that Penny Arcade linked to a long time ago about this thing? Supposedly the mastermind behind it has a long history of "phantom" business that would suddenly go bankrupt after lots of investors had put money into them, and somehow he was living quite well. I don't remember exactly, but it was fishy.

At any rate, these guys had a pretty big fancy booth at E3, though I didn't get a chance to really check them out. I have to agree with everyone else though, this thing screams N-Gage to me.

this thing screams N-Gage to me.

Yeah, no Hotswapping (with the original N-Gage anyway). But yeah, I remember seeing pics of Phantom almost 2 years ago...honestly, it's specs aren't going to be better than a mid-range computer, I'd just stick with the PC quite frankly. I mean, HTF do you RENT a console, at 30 bones a month no less? That's just plum dumb...get a PSP!!

Ok...Infinium Labs has officially delayed the Phantom to sometime in 2005. I can't find the press release though...but here's a link to the HomeLan Fed article: http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=26318

Also, Infinium is in debt. I remeber reading this a while ago and I found the story at Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/07/news_6106792.html

Edited by GryphonKlaw