windows xp restore problem

Adel151

i'll give it a go again    i want to start from scratch  when my pc was new like base system........and does winxp automatically  create restore points or is that all up to u to do it

I would assume that XP creates the restore points automatically when System Restore is enabled.

i just tried like 5 different restore points none work it says please pick another restore point whats the problem :) also i have used the cds and that stupid symantec thing comes up then it says please contect such and such if the problem presists...i did a dir/w and a file called ghost is there among others and thats the symantec program it has like partitions and stuff. the cds that came with the pc say (model t2825 the restore cd is provided by emachines and gives a complete backup of the software that was preinstalled on the pc at the factory.....etc.) i just want to start over. should i just take it to a shop like radio shack and have them do it

Edited by Adel151

yes true that..i have experienced it with compaq presario pentium 1.. rofl

anyways.. if you have emachine dont you have the restore cd from emachines??.  :blink:

Uh, yes, I do, that's what I said I had...

I don't actually have an eMachine though. I am now under the impression the eMachines is the worst thing I could ever possibly have.

Now how do I get it off of there?

i took my pc to a shop and had them format my pc and install battlefield 1942 it cost me an arm and a leg. and now new problems arise my internet connection is super slow even if its a 56k but the game works great :blink: cant have your cake and eat it to