Win32parite.f

darkmage479

okey, the problem seems to be that this benign but annoying trojan win32pf has manifested itself in my machine. it infects every.exe file on my hard disks (which i can remove) but only reinfects them again. after some work i think isolated the source file

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\hke4.tmp

\which infects all the executables on my comp. my virus scanner can't remove this file and i'm locked out from deleting it manually. any ideas? :D

okey, the problem seems to be that this benign but annoying trojan win32pf has manifested itself in my machine.  it infects every.exe file on my hard disks (which i can remove) but only reinfects them again.  after some work i think isolated the source file

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\hke4.tmp

\which infects all the executables on my comp.  my virus scanner can't remove this file and i'm locked out from deleting it manually.  any ideas? :D

Check your registry autostartup for funky entries:

Some of the common keys to check

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

thanks ugenn. i have located a couple of those registries, what do i do with them now?

but i don't notice anything unusual...there are a coupe defaults with no location though. what does it all mean?

excuse my inexperience at this...

Edited by darkmage479

excuse the double post....

new information. running the lastest f-prot antivirus i recieved the following info from the scan. besides all my.exes being infected i have:

hke4.tmp - C:\Documents and Settings\*User*\Local Settings\Temp - status infected - w32/Parite.B@mm (exact) - unable to remove virus

*User* being my administrator account

this help any?

wow!!! triple post... :lol:

never mind, i got the bugger with a tool from bitdefender. say goodbye, win32pf.

Me : 1

virus programmer: 0, but he got 4 hours of my precious time.

:(:P