time for a reformat....

PLasticSlug

Yep its time for a reformat and i wondering if i should use/get any new programs or apps. Any suggestions?

internet: internet explorer or firefox ? firefox seems to be popular but is internet explorer better now with the service pack 2?

partitioning: At the store i came across Norton partitioner, has any one came across this program? may be easier than manually creating my partitions.

virus protection- probably still use norton 2003, any others should i use

firewall: some get in the way when playing online games but im not currently playing any... any suggested firewalls, was thinking about using a Norton firewall (is windows firewall enough?)

spy ware: I use adaware, seems to be good, but Norton usually catches everything

any other apps or software i should use?

thanks.

Basically, yeah. I'll throw in my vote for Firefox, but keep IE handy (and updated!) just incase. I've found a few sites that Firefox choked on, or that needed so many plug-ins that I'd rather just view them in IE real quick.

And unless you repartition way too often, I wouldn't worry about Norton Partitioner. ;)

As for the firewall, go get a decent router, they're the same price as software firewalls these days. :P