Unusual game character designs.

montpics

After I read thread on Guilty Gear XX #Reload PC Version, I finally found out that Justice is 'she' while Bridget is 'he'. I still can't believe that as I like Bridget so much and then broken heart after hearing from my friends. :jawshocker::(:jawshocker:

Later then, I got an idea about creating this topic (supported by L.S.D. :D ), and asking you guys which game character designs looked unusual to you in your whole life. ;)

Mine, just as said before, Bridget and Justice. :clapping:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand that you didn't know that Justice was a she, but you also didn't know that Bridget was a he? You need to get on with the times, dude. :clapping:

The character designs are downright awesome.

i got a few...

i never understood the jesus lookin dude from world heros, and the bison/inspector gadget dude too, also from world heros.

of course the infamous Amakusa of samurai shodown. for years i thought he was a chick...such a surprise~!

You already mentioned Bridget. How could you possibly top a young boy, with a girl's name, dressed in drag, as a NUN, with a yoyo that he frequently extends between his spread legs, and a deadly teddy bear that speaks in the disembodied voice of SHAFT?.... He/She/It is the alpha and the omega of strange character designs. If anyone in this thread can top that, there will be tipping of my hat.

On an only psuedo-related note, I got a tour of Sammy Studios today, it's a pretty strange place. I've worked for a video game company before, so I knew what to expect, but there were design elements in the building that invoked a combination of "Wow, that's cool" and "Now I know something about their budget priorities that helps explain the crappiness of about 80% of their games."

For example, there is a short hallway, maybe fifteen or twenty feet, that is lit entirely with blue lights at about knee level, and has a wide opening on one side, and a small opening on the other. It creates the optical illusion that people coming in the smaller opening are HUGE, and vice-versa.

And probably the weirdest thing to me is that most of the doors inside the building, such as to the many offices and things, look like your average wooden door, but don't have turning handles and don't open on hinges. Instead, they slide open along rather bulky tracks above the openings, leaving the door on the outside of the room, next to the door opening. Strange stuff. Oh, and one of thier meeting rooms has for a door a massive wooden panel, like 8ft x 8ft, with no holes or handles. Pushing on one side of the door makes it rotate around the center, secret-bookcase-passageway style.

A very funky place.

I can understand that you didn't know that Justice was a she, but you also didn't know that Bridget was a he? You need to get on with the times, dude. :jawshocker:

I didn't know that until I grab that game. Bastard! :jawshocker:

Zappa, yes. This idea was taken from the famous Japanese horror movie 'The Ring', I believe. I never thought this character are one of the arcade games' favs as their using him so much at the arcades!

BBHood, the little red riding hood? That made everyone, me included in total surprise when some pictures of her battling skills from the magazines years ago. Let's hope this strange character lives on the next game, I hope. :clapping:

Another update!

Dan - Still, I couldn't believe why Capcom create this character for the first place. :(

Dhalsim - As I thought in real life, can anyone make that move such as extending his fists and kicks longer? I guess not. :D

True Agozer, an unusual character with strange characteristics can make the game so popular whatsoever. ;)

Dan - Still, I couldn't believe why Capcom create this character for the first place. :clapping:

man, its totally mocking the "karate" boys of snk, ryo and robert. mostly ryo i believe. capcom even went as far has having a Dan face with a Mr. Karate mask on, and they called it Dan's father...

i never understood the jesus lookin dude from world heros, and the bison/inspector gadget dude too, also from world heros.

The jesus-looking dude has a Marilyn Monroe Winpose to boot! :clapping:

And if you play WH Perfect, he has an ultimate love-making move! :(

Very funny.

Dan - Still, I couldn't believe why Capcom create this character for the first place. :clapping:

man, its totally mocking the "karate" boys of snk, ryo and robert. mostly ryo i believe. capcom even went as far has having a Dan face with a Mr. Karate mask on, and they called it Dan's father...

Yeah well, Capcom made Dan because SNK made Ryo... and sorta copied the Ryu design. :(

Now I can understand where Dan's moves came from. :lol:

Rasputin (Jesus lookin) and Captain Kidd (Bison looking) are the name you people keep mentioning about, I believe. (for World Heroes) :rolleyes:

Edited by montpics

Yeah the jesus one is Rasputin (he was gay by the way), but the M.Bison Inspector Gadget was Brocken.

Captain Kidd was the pirate. :rolleyes: