2004 games in athens

:) I heard that most of the good basketball players from the u.s wanted to go but they couldn't cause they had to go to court or they were on perole :)

Or they weren't interest joining the Dream Team at all, I guess. :(

Dream Team? That WAS only legend no doubt and it is over for the basketball players. ;)

Olympic? Doesn't watch much as I have no TV for myself and had to go outside to find watch it at the Cafe. (But still miss women's gymnastic..... :( ) Ah well.

K`dash, you are sure that they were playing those songs as I never had a chance to watch it?

It's really pitiful that the "Dream Team" didn't get gold. For the amount that they are paid to play the sport, they shouldn't have lost a single game. I say they shouldn't allow professional players. And I remember one of those moronic "Dream Team" members on Letterman saying how the US was going to bring back the gold...HAHAHAHAHA OWNED! Take that you boasting piece of crap!

It's really pitiful that the "Dream Team" didn't get gold. For the amount that they are paid to play the sport, they shouldn't have lost a single game. I say they shouldn't allow professional players. And I remember one of those moronic "Dream Team" members on Letterman saying how the US was going to bring back the gold...HAHAHAHAHA OWNED! Take that you boasting piece of crap!

Being cocky never brought anything good. :lol:

:( I heard that most of the good basketball players from the u.s wanted to go but they couldn't cause they had to go to court or they were on perole :(

That was only Kobe Bryant and i think he only said he wanted to go to the olympics because he knew he couldn't go -> does that make sense :lol:

Well, I believe that was one of their stronger teams on paper. You got 2 MVP players (Iverson and Duncan), and the best rookie the game has seen since MJ.

I think their main problem was the players they picked didn't play as a team, probably due to their egos. To play against a zone defence players need to work as one, and set picks, block players etc to get an open shot - and you can't do that by yourself.

Btw, Chaotica, where did you here Australia came fourth? The team that comes fourth is the team that loses the bronze medal match - this being Lithuainia.

K`dash, you are sure that they were playing those songs as I never had a chance to watch it?

They were used in the freestyle mat thingy.

:D I heard that most of the good basketball players from the u.s wanted to go but they couldn't cause they had to go to court or they were on perole :)

That was only Kobe Bryant and i think he only said he wanted to go to the olympics because he knew he couldn't go -> does that make sense :thumbsup:

Well, I believe that was one of their stronger teams on paper. You got 2 MVP players (Iverson and Duncan), and the best rookie the game has seen since MJ.

I think their main problem was the players they picked didn't play as a team, probably due to their egos. To play against a zone defence players need to work as one, and set picks, block players etc to get an open shot - and you can't do that by yourself.

Btw, Chaotica, where did you here Australia came fourth? The team that comes fourth is the team that loses the bronze medal match - this being Lithuainia.

No, we came fourth in the whole olympics:

Medal Tally Gold Silver Bronze

United States 35 39 29

China 32 17 14

Russia 27 27 38

Australia 17 16 16

Japan 16 9 12

Germany 14 16 18

France 11 9 13

Italy 10 11 11

South Korea 9 12 9

Great Britain 9 9 12

Cuba 9 7 11

Ukraine 9 5 9

Hungary 8 6 3

Romania 8 5 6

Greece 6 6 4

Norway 5 0 1

Netherlands 4 9 9

Brazil 4 3 3

Sweden 4 1 2

Spain 3 11 5

Canada 3 6 3

Turkey 3 3 4

Poland 3 2 5

New Zealand 3 2 0

Thailand 3 1 4

Belarus 2 6 7

Austria 2 4 1

Ethiopia 2 3 2

Iran 2 2 2

Slovakia 2 2 2

Taiwan 2 2 1

Georgia 2 2 0

Bulgaria 2 1 9

Jamaica 2 1 2

Uzbekistan 2 1 2

Morocco 2 1 0

Denmark 2 0 6

Argentina 2 0 4

Chile 2 0 1

Kazakhstan 1 4 3

Kenya 1 4 2

Czech Republic 1 3 4

South Africa 1 3 2

Croatia 1 2 2

Lithuania 1 2 0

Egypt 1 1 3

Switzerland 1 1 3

Indonesia 1 1 2

Zimbabwe 1 1 1

Azerbaijan 1 0 4

Belgium 1 0 2

Bahamas 1 0 1

Israel 1 0 1

Cameroon 1 0 0

Dominican Republic 1 0 0

Ireland 1 0 0

United Arab Emirates 1 0 0

North Korea 0 4 1

Latvia 0 4 0

Mexico 0 3 1

Portugal 0 2 1

Finland 0 2 0

Serbia-Montenegro 0 2 0

Slovenia 0 1 3

Estonia 0 1 2

Hong Kong 0 1 0

India 0 1 0

Paraguay 0 1 0

Nigeria 0 0 2

Venezuela 0 0 2

Colombia 0 0 1

Eritrea 0 0 1

Mongolia 0 0 1

Syria 0 0 1

Trinidad and Tobago 0 0 1

I'm surprised we didn't beat the Yanks, but I guess they can get their hands on better performance-enhancing drugs than we can! :lol: