Why is there no last blade 3?

Aoshi

The Phantom,Aug 28 2004, 06:01 PM]
I think it's good thing, that playmore doesn't make LB3, after I saw SSV.

Well, they wouldn't have made it anyhow because LB series failed to gather a great attention like SS series in Japan other than the minority.

Yuki is tight on budget and manpower, and they cannot afford to make a inefficient investment again.

SS series still presses the KOF series in its sheer "being played" factor in Japan.

Those japanese are stupid, can't even recognise a good game ;)

Oh well, a game being good and being popular do not always draw a linear graph...

I guess one of the factors that made it less popular is the fact that LB series was the SNK's last attempt to revive the company by releasing a sequal to the SS series.

Which blowed, of course.

It didn't attract original SS players, nor it was flash enough to attract fanboys/regular arcade go-ers.

A good game, at the wrong time and targeted the wrong audience.

What happened before LB series was when SNK came out with the 3D SS series, which all of them was a direct link to SNK being no more.

Their last hopes, such as Garou and LB series, which are surprisingly good games, all failed because of the air of panic and the rise of 3D games taking control of arcades everywhere.

Not sure if everybody is familar with it, but SNK was always behind compared to Capcom in terms of profit/sales/recognition. Not when SS1 came out... and 2... and became #1 Fighting game company at the time.

That is something so ironic.

The same series that made SNK such a large company killed SNK...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic