Buyin some upgrades

zhugeliang

ASRock P4VT8+ PT800/VT8237 set 1AGP8X 5PCI Dual DDR Audio Lan 400 / 533 / 800 MHz FSB FullATX Socket 478 board that supports -Intel Pentium 4 1.7Ghz to 3.4Ghz 400/ 533/800Mhz

MOBO

Intel Pentium 4/ 3.0E GHz 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, Hyper Threading Technology - Retail

Model# BX80546PG3000E

Item # N82E16819116171

Specifications:

Model: Intel Pentium 4 w/ Hyper Threading

Core: Prescott

Operating Frequency: 3.0GHz

FSB: 800MHz

Cache: L1/12K+16K; L2/1MB

Voltage: 1.25V - 1.525V

Process: 0.09Micron

Socket: Socket 478

Processor

Leadtek nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "A400 TDH" -RETAIL

Model# A400 TDH

Item # N82E16814122193

Specifications:

Chipset/Core Speed: nVIDIA GeForce 6800/325MHz

Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/700MHz

BUS: AGP 8X/4X

Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub) + TV-Out(S-Video) + DVI

Support 3D API: DirectX 9.0c(Shader Model 3.0), OpenGL 1.5

Cable/Accessories: S-Video Cable, Composite Cable, SV to AV Cable, DVI to VGA Adapter, Power Cable, Manual, 5 CD

Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048x1536@85Hz

Video Card

for the video card I just wanna have a new 128mb ddr 6800, if you think another company is better then by all means let me know. plz let me know if this setup will be ok or if you can recommend better. Im lookin to spend about 500 ish american dollars. TIA

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BFG6800 OC or something cheaper, and just as good AND uses less power ATi/Asus x800 Pro

Intel boards and CPUs are expensive, AMD all the way :lol:

whats that bfg thing you are talking about k? so far ive been lookin at sites and the intel 3.0 ghz seems to be cheaper then amd. ill take a closer look tho. whats that bfg thing tho? =P

edit.... bfg 6800 video card duh nm

Edited by zhugeliang

Where do you live exactly?

AMD's are cheaper and more affordable for their higher, more powerful CPUs over intel's.

And I don't mean the FX51/53 series.

grr that sucks, cuz that motherboard is only 45 dollars. as for that bfg 6800 that card is like 500 dollars, the 6800's that i were looking at were only about 300 for the 128, have yet to find a bfg 6800 at 128 but maybe with some more digging

edit.... im gettin confused from these numbers that amd puts out, why dont they just put how fast it is instead of those dam numbers. :lol: in those numbers what would be 3.0ghz?

Edited by zhugeliang

Clock frequency isn't the only important thing, there are many more important things. Even Intel has realized that. That AMD numbering scheme shows that their lesser clockspeed processor runs at the equivalent of an Intel 3.0 ghz.

Yup, i used to be all about the bigger the better, then I saw benchs with AMD owning up the p4's at lower clock speeds. I tried one my self, boom, AMD became my new god...and my wallet agreed too.

wow sounds interesting, what kind of processor are you using now guys? what is the best i can grab for about 150 to 200 dollars? would it be possible to tell how fast it is going compared to intel processors speed identification or can you just popint me in the direction of a place where i can find out?

I got my self an Asus K8V800A64 mother board with a 3200+ Amd Athlon 64. Damn good, plus I didn't go over my buget because I already had a badass video card.

I've got myself an Athlon XP 3200+ with a Shuttle AN35 Ultra motherboard. The processor was about $130 including shipping and a 1 year warranty and the mobo was $56.00. If I were you, I'd go for an Athlon 64 instead XP because that's whats in now. It's hip. :lol: