geforce ti 4600

alexis

i want to buy a new gfx but i don`t want to spend too much on them a radeon 9600 pro will do, i saw some geforce ti 4600 at a really cheap price, i know this cards are good but i was wondering how will this card perform with direct x9 in speed and quality too since it is a directx 8.1 video card.

You'll be able to play HL2 since it uses DX8.1 on NVIDIA cards instead of DX9. :unsure:

Are you saying that HL2 requires DirectX 8.1 with an nVidia card and otherwise DirectX 9?

You'll be able to play HL2 since it uses DX8.1 on NVIDIA cards instead of DX9. :P

Are you saying that HL2 requires DirectX 8.1 with an nVidia card and otherwise DirectX 9?

It's that NVIDIA cards have severe trouble playing HL2 in DX9 mode, it's basically unplayable according to Valve. Hopefully they roll out with some drivers before it comes out because if I were an NVIDIA owner, I wouldn't want to be stuck with DX8.1 effects.

You'll be able to play HL2 since it uses DX8.1 on NVIDIA cards instead of DX9. :P

It's that NVIDIA cards have severe trouble playing HL2 in DX9 mode, it's basically unplayable according to Valve. Hopefully they roll out with some drivers before it comes out because if I were an NVIDIA owner, I wouldn't want to be stuck with DX8.1 effects.

Well, that sucks big things. I hope Valve can put the game out soon.

this card is priced about 110 bucks and it also runs doom 3, and i am almost it also runs nfs undergorund and winning eleven, i dunno about farcry but it seems a very good card if you take price into account, it is even cheaper than radeon 9550 or 9600 cards, another option would be 9500 but i only oculd find non pro versions, i guess it is either that or a 9700 pro or 9600 pro

Right now I would go for a card that supports DX9 because all new games will require it and will be enhanced by it. The 9600/9700 Pro cards will probably be able to handle stuff well into 2005 and maybe even beyond so I would go for one of those instead. For a few extra bucks you'll be able future games much better instead of playing just current ones now.

Yeah, I agree with Gryph here. This is actually the card I'm using, but I got it way back when it was top-of-the-line (and I paid for it in body parts). It runs Far Cry and Doom 3 pretty well, Doom better than Far Cry, actually. However, it doesn't get the full effect out of either. As HL2 approaches, I'm a little worried about what I'll be missing.

I would suggest holding onto your hundred bucks and saving up until you can afford a more "current" card. If you get this one for the "bargain" price now, you'll only need to replace it sooner (for whatever is after HL2). Better to just be patient in the first place.

well the problem is not to buy sth affordable, i was planning to get a high end system with all the goodies and the budget keep going higher and higher so i chose to go back to my initial budget of about 700/800 bucks. I am not really interested in buying the latest, instead i would like ot buy sth with a good quality/price relationship