Arcade hardware question (technical)

ugenn

jamma connection would be my guess :D

Yeah but how does it work? Do the cabinets support every possible display/sound hardware? I've even seen some cabinets be used with CPS3, 3D games (Tekken) etc.

My best uninformed guess is that the game boards themselves contain all the CPU/RAM/hw chips/rom data which are then plugged into the game cabinets. I could be way off though, cos this seems like a really expensive arrangement.

A cabinet has nothing to do with the hardware you put in it, you can put arcade hardware in a cardboard box if you want.

Both CPS and MVS run off the Jamma standard, but use AUX harness' for the extra controls. Just make sure you have the proper wiring for the hardware you put in and it's all good.

A cabinet has nothing to do with the hardware you put in it, you can put arcade hardware in a cardboard box if you want.

Both CPS and MVS run off the Jamma standard, but use AUX harness' for the extra controls. Just make sure you have the proper wiring for the hardware you put in and it's all good.

I am aware of that. What I wanted to clarify was whether the cpu and hw are part of the gameboards or whether the boards contain only the game rom (sort of like an overglorified console system). The official Neo cabinets use the latter approach if I'm not mistaken?