PAL psx games

gavin19

Basically I got given a psx with gameshark and demo disk so I can play backups. So I started to d/l a few psx games I never played first time around, like the Final Fantasy series. Anyway I was unsure how to burn the isos so I just used alcohol, selected the Playstation preset and burnt FF7 disc 1. Surprisingly it worked :blink:

One minor niggle though is the massive borders top and bottom of the screen. I'm used to borders being a PAL gamer but these are hideous. They seem to be like 3 inches top and bottom. I had similar probs with some NTSC/JAP games on the Dreamcast that detected the PAL console and booted into 50Hz instead of full screen 60Hz. Luckily these were patchable and now they run at 60Hz.

What I wanna know is if this is the same problem with the psx FF7, as it is the NTSC version, and if it is, can these ISOs be patched too?

I'm a PAL gamer too, and I'm used to borders... but it those borders are big as you claim them to be, that's insane.

But yeah, the patches will remove the borders.

I'm a PAL gamer too, and I'm used to borders... but it those borders are big as you claim them to be, that's insane.

Yeah, we r well used to borders but I swear these are abnormally big, makes me think it may be some other hardware issue. Not sure.

Anyway, I used my 100th CD-r of a 100 spindle (in a week) on that FF7 disc so I have to wait until tomorrow to get some more :)

• 1 month later...

Here is my incredibly technical way around the problem:

Use your monitors verticle stretch feature. It works fantastic. Just crank it up about 50% and you'll be laughing. :)

Unless it is Pal speed you are worrying about, just do as I do. :D

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku