Do you play any TCGs?

Do you play any Trading Card Games?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. MTG used to be simple. Now I can't tell the difference between Lands and Artifact cards.

The decks I bought always had crappy creatures and Plains. :thumbsu:

Ok, I just had to make that post to say that I am leaving 1emulation...

...till about Tuesday. I'll be "enjoying" myself in Florida.

I haven't played MTG in a looooong time. Like since I was 6. I collected pokemon cards for a while. Never really did play the game...

I bought a few Yu Gi Oh cards once because I was really bored...I was flipping channels and saw the show (I didn't know what it was) and I thought it looked pretty cool (It was). I bought a few more cards but really only played with a couple other people.

Recently, I bought some Duel Masters cards, because I saw some advertisements prior to their release that were cool. I figured if I started the game right when it was released I'd be able to stay on top of it. It's very similar to MTG, only more anime inspired, and less developed due to being in it's first or second expansion.

I Dled the GBA game, but the graphics kinda sucked, might get it anyway, just because I like TCGs. I've tried a lot of the Yu Gi Oh games as well, but most of those are just horrible. I can only think of maybe two that are good, out of about 20.

i play 52 cards pick up with my lil cousin. lol always make him pick them up just like my older cousin used to make me pick up up

The decks I bought always had crappy creatures and Plains. :thumbsu:

Ok, I just had to make that post to say that I am leaving 1emulation...

...till about Tuesday. I'll be "enjoying" myself in Florida.

[Off-topic]"Enjoy" yourself in Florida. Bring souvenirs.[/Off-topic]

Carry on.

Another reason why I don't play these is that a game can be really fair only when the 2 players have decks with equivalent power. Between friends that's not a real problem as they can lend each other cards just to balance the game, but I like much better games balanced from the start.

Have a nice trip GK, and be careful with the retired whores :thumbsu:

I used to play M:TG in middle school, and I had some Star Wars TCG and PlaneScape: Bloodwars but never really played those two that much. The darn things cost too much money, as everyone has said. In addition, now that Wizards of the Coast has turned to unabashed money-grubbing tactics with Magic, I'm pretty much out for good. None of the others (Pokemon, YuGiOh, etc) struck me as having as much depth, and the awesome art of some of the magic cards just isn't there.

I always thought the tactics of play and deck-construction were a really unique set of challenges, and that the expandability could keep it fresh. When players were limited to Revised and maybe the Dark expansion this was the case. But now they've turned to extreme "keep buying or you'll suck" tactics. From what I understand, Wizards of the Coast doesn't even let you play in "official" tournaments with cards older than the last couple of sets anymore. They say it's for play balance, but when the basic cards are so similar from set to set, I think we know better...

Wow...that's a pretty underhanded strategy (no pun intended). I'll say again though, that Duel Masters is a lot like MTG. Not identical, but very similar. That includes the art, the art is excellent. Though still anime inspired, which some people may not like...