anyone want to contribute.

i know,but many people still havent played part 2 or just dont like the series.some just dont know that the backgrounds are no longer mpeg movie but all polygon.maybe this might motivate some people.i just hope the guy who making the patch doesnt stop it,since he needs support.and to keep it sorta clean ive read somewhere where he stated that the patch applier will check for pirated copies but i dont know how it will it stop people from patching pirated copies.also he says he making the voice samples and music sound better than pirated copies by re-encoding them himself.same goes for the movies in the game.he says the movies might be available for download via torrent,but since he wants to keep it clean as possible i think he'll cancel that.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got your message Agozer, Demo took it down so bug him, or at least thats what Magus` says, Thanks for spreading the word double99. Provided I can get some assistance subtitleiung the movies (I cant edity video for squat) I DO plan on distributing it via torrent though seeding will only be for a few days. I will need webspace if I do any more but I will not upload it because of legal matters. The patching program will require the user to own the JAPANESE DREAMCAST Manual. We plan to put out a translated manual as well. However questions will refer to specifics like what is the first english word on page four. I've decided to stop scanning for modded 1st_read.bin files. Any other questions I would be happy to answer.

Text translation is always good, the voices however should be left in their original state I think, the japanese voice actors are simply excellent. I never liked the US dub of SC5 anyway, I actually bought the japanese version of part 1 for the voices :D.

I'll be happy if it did have the original japanese voices, maybe 2 versions should be avalible for those who want english/japanese voices? Just a suggestion, I bet many others such as my self and Sane would love a translation patch for the subs.

Nice to see you here man. :D I hope you stay long too. What's the current status of your project as of now? If my memory doesn't fail me, you've talked about it earlier too.

Is your japanese fluid enough to pull off such a project? :D

Edited by Agozer