Why Are People Such Morons?

So if something isn't about games it's useless?

No, but talking about how the world is full of sh!t, terrorist kill people etc. etc. gets tiresome after a while....even more so if politics is involved.

Well some of us like to talk about such things and there is nothing you can do about it. My advice to those that don't like these threads: when you see a topic started by random guy that sounds remotely politcal or about the real world, no need to visit it.

You got it BUB! :D:):(:thumbsu:

Sounds good. Stay the flock out of my threads unless you have anything constructive to add :lol:

And seriously, some of you guys are the most apolitical fellows I've ever met - how can you be an adult of or nearing voting age in this day and age WITHOUT being extremely pissed off about the current state of world diplomacy?

Calling topics about politics 'spam' is just rediculous! No wonder so few Americans vote, if that's the attitude the majority of its citizens take! You have one chance every 3 years to make a difference, to TRULY have your say in the democratic process, you'd have to be INSANE not to take it!

Vote, you fools, vote! Unless you want a moron like Bush in charge again!

...And why was the Paul Johnson thread closed? Posting pictures about it is in bad taste, I agree, but that was important news! There's a difference between censorship to keep things pg-13 and censorship of important news and events. And anyway, it seems like half the threads that poor Emsley makes get closed. He's admin too, why don't people respect his authorit-ah?

Well. Everywhere u go these days is people talking about politics. People are still freaked about terrorist attacks when they could just arm themselves to protect themselves. THere are a lot of stupid people and idiots on the world usually.

Heres some statistics

95% of Americans can't use their Common Sense

40% can't open their eyes to see the truth

70% think cheating (really really badly) Is the only answer (we all cheated b4)

99% think Emsley is insane (1% is Emsley)

Those are made up statistics.

:lol:

Anywayz, The reason a lot of Emsley's topic gets closed is they get too crazy or insane that GC or some other admin/mod has to close them. Or they are inappropriate :P

...or its just emsley's topic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but talking about how the world is full of sh!t, terrorist kill people etc. etc. gets tiresome after a while....even more so if politics is involved.

Well some of us like to talk about such things and there is nothing you can do about it. My advice to those that don't like these threads: when you see a topic started by random guy that sounds remotely politcal or about the real world, no need to visit it.

You got it BUB! :):lol::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sounds good. Stay the flock out of my threads unless you have anything constructive to add :thumbsu:

And seriously, some of you guys are the most apolitical fellows I've ever met - how can you be an adult of or nearing voting age in this day and age WITHOUT being extremely pissed off about the current state of world diplomacy?

Calling topics about politics 'spam' is just rediculous! No wonder so few Americans vote, if that's the attitude the majority of its citizens take! You have one chance every 3 years to make a difference, to TRULY have your say in the democratic process, you'd have to be INSANE not to take it!

...And why was the Paul Johnson thread closed? Posting pictures about it is in bad taste, I agree, but that was important news! There's a difference between censorship to keep things pg-13 and censorship of important news and events. And anyway, it seems like half the threads that poor Emsley makes get closed. He's admin too, why don't people respect his authorit-ah?

well I will say this. I was riding with some of my familiy and my uncle was talking with a friend and it turns out that some of his friends at the armory just got orders to go to iraq and the only reason that my uncle didn't get orders was that he wasn't on duty. So anyways chances are that my uncle is going to go too and that he will be called to go in too but maybe later but he wants to go with his crew becuase he a "track mechanic"(guys that work on tanks and stuff) and you know how americans love to break down tank in iraq. So any ways my granda was like why? tell them to flock off that you dont want to go that you want to stay, and he's like no "I can't I have to go, it's nice when your country provides all these nice things for you and good money but when they need you it's not right to abandon them, and besides we need the war" and my grandma's like why and he says "money, the war makes the money circulate, soldiers need food, clothes, medical stuff and people need jobs so who's going to get that stuff for the soldiers?"

yeah war maybe stupid but it's a natural part of life, I dont see you yelling at the romans for slaughtering the greeks, war has it's prices and it's rewards, so get over it.

Hmm...interesting - I remember when we had our first discussions about the Iraq war - correct me if I'm wrong but were you not one of the few people arguing that the economic cost of the war would far outweigh any gains bush got from oil?

Anyway, regardless of whether that's true or not, if you love a country, that doesn't mean you should get involved with any immoral scuffle the current leader gets you involved with. In fact, if your uncle TRULY loved the country, he should be concerned not with fighting this war, but with STOPPING the war, so that the US can salvage at least a small modicum of their international reputation, before the rest of the world starts hating America as much as bin Laden does.

Weren't we pulling out at the end of June?  I swear I heard that somewhere...

Not pulling out but passing "full sovereignty" to the interim Iraqi government. But the Coalition forces will stay to keep the peace for atleast another year and probably even longer.

It'll be a catastrophe is the US pulls out.

Weren't we pulling out at the end of June?  I swear I heard that somewhere...

Not pulling out but passing "full sovereignty" to the interim Iraqi government. But the Coalition forces will stay to keep the peace for atleast another year and probably even longer.

It'll be a catastrophe is the US pulls out.

Maybe so, but that's not why they're staying - they're staying for the oil, they're staying so the US can set up 14 military bases in the area so the army has a foothold in the middle east...Bush and the US army couldn't give a flock about the Iraqi people - if they did why would they be torturing them?

You got it BUB! :D:thumbsup::iwstupid::thumbsu:

Sounds good. Stay the flock out of my threads unless you have anything constructive to add :lol:

well I will say this. I was riding with some of my familiy and my uncle was talking with a friend and it turns out that some of his friends at the armory just got orders to go to iraq and the only reason that my uncle didn't get orders was that he wasn't on duty. So anyways chances are that my uncle is going to go too and that he will be called to go in too but maybe later but he wants to go with his crew becuase he a "track mechanic"(guys that work on tanks and stuff) and you know how americans love to break down tank in iraq. So any ways my granda was like why? tell them to flock off that you dont want to go that you want to stay, and he's like no "I can't I have to go, it's nice when your country provides all these nice things for you and good money but when they need you it's not right to abandon them, and besides we need the war" and my grandma's like why and he says "money, the war makes the money circulate, soldiers need food, clothes, medical stuff and people need jobs so who's going to get that stuff for the soldiers?"

yeah war maybe stupid but it's a natural part of life, I dont see you yelling at the romans for slaughtering the greeks, war has it's prices and it's rewards, so get over it.

Hmm...interesting - I remember when we had our first discussions about the Iraq war - correct me if I'm wrong but were you not one of the few people arguing that the economic cost of the war would far outweigh any gains bush got from oil?

Anyway, regardless of whether that's true or not, if you love a country, that doesn't mean you should get involved with any immoral scuffle the current leader gets you involved with. In fact, if your uncle TRULY loved the country, he should be concerned not with fighting this war, but with STOPPING the war, so that the US can salvage at least a small modicum of their international reputation, before the rest of the world starts hating America as much as bin Laden does.

Just thought I'd carry the previous quote-fest on cause I wanna!

btw, the next time you encounter a moron, send em here.

You got it BUB! :D:thumbsup::iwstupid::thumbsu:

True...but sometimes politics becomes so omniscient, that people choose to turn a blind eye to it. There is also the view that, whatever your beliefs are, your government, or world affairs, are so powerful, that there is nothing you can really do. It is funny, we are supposed to be a democracy, with each individual having a voice that should be heard and counted, but I don't feel that way anymore. I don't know if I have ever felt that way.

I think an interest in political issues is healthy...but then again, I also think having an indifference to politics is not such a bad thing either. Because politics is everywhere these days, you can easily drown yourself in it. Perhaps this is pessimistic and cynical, but sometimes it may be better to avoid it, for your own sake. For your own sanity.

In a way, I think cynicism about politics, and the leaders we elect, is sad. We chose them, they should reflect what we want. But of course, this never seems to happen. In another way, I think this cynicism is okay - it is showing our leaders that if they want to be re-elected, if they want our trust, they are going to have to work damn hard to achieve that. It is also telling them we do not accept everything they decide to do.

And no, I'm not an anarchist. :D But their ideas are interesting to read.

A bunch of me and random guy bitching

Just thought I'd carry the previous quote-fest on cause I wanna!

btw, the next time you encounter a moron, send em here.

Damn the language filters!

And to Basara, I totally agree with you and that is the condition of most of the young people in this country. But I like to biatch and complain about how things are right so what better place to look than that government. :D