Help: Chankast Crashes

Hi all,

As the official ChanKast forums are down, I think it would be a good idea to post the problem I am having here. I hope you guys don't mind answering.

Okay, over the last five hours I've been trying to get this to work, but no joy.

I have got:

- ChanKast 0.2a

- ChanKast Utilities 0.2a

- SF3ts.nrg (also on CD as well)

- all BIOS's

- VMS

Basically everytime I try to run it, it would crash ("chankast.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience") AFTER showing the logo.

System spec:

P4 1.8

512mb ram, plenty of page memory left

Over 2gig harddrive space left

Matrox Parhelia-512 128mb

I am pretty sure it is not a gfx card driver problem, because I tried to use 3D Analyzer and disabled everything (rendering, texture, HW T&L, lighting, etc) and it still crashed.

Not applications are running. All unnecessary services disabled.

Please help.

Many thanks.

EDIT:

By the way I can get into BIOS.

Also tried v0.1, same result.

Edited by wywywywy

Very strange.

Thank you for the completely useless contribution and observation. :lol:

Anyway, the worst scenario is that the error is computer-related and isn't can't be fixed as is. This isn't the first program that works flawlessly for some and other get pagefaults, unexpected errors, stack overflows and whatnot.

Very strange.

Anyway, the worst scenario is that the error is computer-related and isn't can't be fixed as is. This isn't the first program that works flawlessly for some and other get pagefaults, unexpected errors, stack overflows and whatnot.

Yup, that useless at times of need.

When the world ends, I'll be saying it's a wonderful day and I'll be eating some rice as it happens.

Very strange.

Yup, that useless at times of need.

When the world ends, I'll be saying it's a wonderful day and I'll be eating some rice as it happens.

ROFLMAO Can I join you then?

don't know if this will help you but what I do is change my desktop to 800x600 16bit color, run 3danalyzer with "force SW TnL" and "force 16bit zbuffer (without stencil)" and chanka runs decently even with my built in intel gfx card. soon I'll get around to installing my geforce fx 5200 in my xp machine, but untill then it runs "ok" heheh.

If I don't do those things chanka locks right after the swirl and changes my desktop to 640x480 16 colors and I have to restart.

Many thanks Garageink.

These are the sort of advice I am looking for.

Unforturnately, it does not work for me :D

How do you find out which option(s) do you need in 3D Analyzer?

To be honest I don't understand why it wouldn't work :P As far as I know, ChanKast is not using any DX9 or ATi or Nvidia specific features, and my Matrox Parhelia is fully DX8.1 compatible.

Thank you.