You Suck, Windows >98

Raoji

I downloaded the patch and installed it, but when I go to run mugen it says initializing th joysticks, initializing the keyboard, initializing the sound, the screen turns black for 4 seconds and then it minimizes to the bottom of the screen to the taskbar. I click it, and it comes up for 2 seconds before either going back to the taskbar, closing itself out, or "not responding" and making me end it....

I miss Windows 98...

I wish I had Linux...

*I have XP

That made it not come up at all.

*I have XP

That made it not come up at all.

Huh? In XP you can make programs run under different environments and one of them is Windows 98. But I don't think that will fix your problem. Try it anyway. What are your computer's specs? More importantly, what video card do you have? What you are experiencing may be a problem with the graphics settings.

Yeah...Maybe I should restart my computer? x_x

S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR (Ew only 16MB)

And this isn't really my computer, I can't take it apart and install a new video card..And even if I could I'd be too lazy to...

The same thing was hapening to me so I put this in the mugen.cfg and it stopped it.

[Video]

;Enter the width and height of the resolution you want to set here.

;The optimal resolution is 320x240, but if your video card has problems

;You may want to try 640x480.

Width = 320

Height = 240

DoubleRes = 4

I am assuming you have been trying to start it in 640x480?

If it is the same problem I had you will still get full screen like this and not the little box.

Or you could partition.

Since my sound is still a bit messed up even with VDMsound in XP I use ME to play mugen. Or go to my linux partition.

I am completely illiterate to partitioning...If you could help me out with that, e-mail me or IM me, or if you could send me a site telling how...in the meantime im going to be looking for "mugen.cfg"...-scours computer-

Alright, that helped a little except I got the error that it can't change the video mode.