Are There Any Frontends/managers For Bittorrent?

Dynamo

I think BT is great so far (im new to it) but i hate having so many windows open when i DL multiple torrents :( Isnt there some sort of frontend/DL manager that handle these DL and reduce the number of windows i have open (hell even make BT better? If so, then which is the best one cuz if there one out there it would make my BT experience better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ^_^

Well i decided (probably for the time being) to choose ABC,and everything's fine and dandy (except for the fact that the app is a total CPU hog even with my P4 @ 1.6 GHZ). One BIG problem is, why do my torrent downloads randomly stop for no reason?

Well i decided (probably for the time being) to choose ABC,and everything's fine and dandy (except for the fact that the app is a total CPU hog even with my P4 @ 1.6 GHZ). One BIG problem is, why do my torrent downloads randomly stop for no reason?

ABC is my personal favorite :rolleyes:

Some trackers (servers that enable clients to connect to each other) use anti-leech protections. The (only) one I have heard about is based on the upload/download ratio. So on these trackers, if you don't upload enough, you get screwed :lol:

However these numbers are generally quite tolerant (typically 0.2 upload/download, and of course not applied when you begin your download).

So IF this is why your downloads stop, you are downloading too many torrents at a time. If you want to be correct towards other users and respect the p2p principle, you should have preferably only one torrent downloading at a time, maximum 2. If you have more than that at a time, the upload bandwidth you leave for individual torrents is ridiculous (and so is your upload/download ratio).

When you say "so many windows open at a time", I guess you go well beyond that number...