Chankast Alpha 0.2

ForceX

Hold your horses , nothing out at the time of writting

Originally Posted by garrofi

Hi all,

First at all, we wanna announce ElSemi has joint chanka team He is the programmer of nebula and nebula model 2.

And about chankast, we are gonna release a new chankast version this weekend. You are gonna love the new features:

- more stable, no more random crashes

- better gfx core

- more compatibility

- speed improvements

- cable selector

- new pad support

- and a lot of more features

Garrofi

Source

Edited by ForceX

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20969

This makes me happy. ^_^ For a while, I was fearful that the situation would be as it were with most games being developed as of late: DirectX only. "Screw the Mac owners, screw the Linux geeks, it's straight-up Windows."

I'm sick of that attitude. There's a great new game out called Painkiller, and I can't play it because it's Windoze only, DX9. There's no excusing that. Look at Epic Megagames and id Software. They make their games as cross-platform as possible.

So I'm happy to see this emulation project with plans to go open source early on.

</offtopic>

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20969

This makes me happy. ^_^  For a while, I was fearful that the situation would be as it were with most games being developed as of late: DirectX only.  "Screw the Mac owners, screw the Linux geeks, it's straight-up Windows."

I'm sick of that attitude.  There's a great new game out called Painkiller, and I can't play it because it's Windoze only, DX9.  There's no excusing that.  Look at Epic Megagames and id Software.  They make their games as cross-platform as possible.

So I'm happy to see this emulation project with plans to go open source early on.

</offtopic>

Ah yes, that is a good thing. Even though I don't use Linux it's a good thing that a "next-gen" emulator is being released on multiple platforms so everyone can enjoy the goodness.