Hot Question 11

Riot.EXE Posted on Jun 4 2004, 12:50 PM

QUOTE (BuRRdRinkA @ Jun 4 2004, 03:45 PM)

1.Gameplay

2.Plot

3.Music

4.Graphics

Fatal Rose Posted on Jun 4 2004, 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Riot.EXE @ Jun 4 2004, 08:32 PM)

Tell me somethin' kiddos...how much of a role do the 4 elements of gaming play to you?

1 - Music

2 - Plot

3 - Graphics

4 - Gameplay 

Kiddos?

Anyways,

1. Gameplay

2. Graphics

3. Plot

4. Music 

Yeah what's with the kiddo stuff?....homie

Kiddo is one of my words...get over it... 

Get over it? That was even worse you sound like a valley girl...besides I'm just playin'...what's with people today first Don gets all huffy-puffy on Killer Instinct and now Riot gives me attitude. I guess there are a lot of kiddos in here.

:lol: Your taking things to serious man. :lol: Anyways I agree with what Gryph said about music.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Riot.EXE Posted on Jun 4 2004, 12:50 PM

QUOTE (BuRRdRinkA @ Jun 4 2004, 03:45 PM)

1.Gameplay

2.Plot

3.Music

4.Graphics

Fatal Rose Posted on Jun 4 2004, 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Riot.EXE @ Jun 4 2004, 08:32 PM)

Tell me somethin' kiddos...how much of a role do the 4 elements of gaming play to you?

1 - Music

2 - Plot

3 - Graphics

4 - Gameplay 

Kiddos?

Anyways,

1. Gameplay

2. Graphics

3. Plot

4. Music 

Yeah what's with the kiddo stuff?....homie  

Kiddo is one of my words...get over it... 

Get over it? That was even worse you sound like a valley girl...besides I'm just playin'...what's with people today first Don gets all huffy-puffy on Killer Instinct and now Riot gives me attitude. I guess there are a lot of kiddos in here.

My friend says "get over it" too and it's annoying as flock, and he also says "dummy" and I just look at him like "you dumb mofo, that that bootlegged shitake mushroom outside"

Your taking things to serious man.  Anyways I agree with what Gryph said about music
I know it sounds like it but I'm not for real, for real. It's all good in the hood. :lol:

Your taking things to serious man.  Anyways I agree with what Gryph said about music
I know it sounds like it but I'm not for real, for real. It's all good in the hood. :lol:

I find that games today have more impact on the player because of music and sounds. Resident Evil and Silent Hill for their freaky tone.

I find that games today have more impact on the player because of music and sounds. Resident Evil and Silent Hill for their freaky tone.

Ahem....Forbidden Siren. Ambience scared the hell out of me.

Ah yes, I recently rented that game, offically did some stuff to mind. When ever it's quiet, I can hear stuff.... :lol:

Ah yes, I recently rented that game, offically did some stuff to mind. When ever it's quiet, I can hear stuff.... :lol:

I practically got the game for free, and when I started playing I just could continue form mission 2 onwards (it was really late).

The next day I took up the courage to play a little more...everything went fine, until I put the flaslight on at one point.So, a freaking shibito spotted me and shot me with a shotgun. I ran away and there was another one right next to me. I got shanked --> Game Over.

1 - Music

2 - Plot

3 - Graphics

4 - Gameplay

1 - Gameplay

2 - Plot (doesn't have to be a great plot - remember I am a Quake/Doom whore - but a good plot is very compelling)

3 - Music

4 - Graphics

Hmm...gameplay is important.

So is the music.

Graphics are important, too.

I hate bad graphics. But I don't hate old graphics. Disgaea's a perfect example. 2D character sprites are great. But if the graphics are actually BAD (So much so that you can't tell what you're doing) then screw it. If you can fit good graphics into an 8x8pixel square, than you can do the same thing with advanced 3D tools damnit!

Disgaea's a perfect example.  2D character sprites are great.  But if the graphics are actually BAD (So much so that you can't tell what you're doing) then screw it.  If you can fit good graphics into an 8x8pixel square, than you can do the same thing with advanced 3D tools damnit!

I couldn't agree more with the Disgaea part. What a great harmony between 2D graphics and 3D effects. :rolleyes: And the story and dialogue are both hilarious to boot.

Edited by Agozer

Gameplay comes first to me. when playing action games graphics and sound plays the bigger role but stuff like rpg and rts is cool as long as the the gameplay rocks (i can tolerate bad graphics up to a point but never shallow gameplay) :lol: