How Do I Play Online?

Well today for the first time i tried setting up on my Dreamcast to play online and after many tries i remained unsucessful in setting it up so i was wondering if anybody here would be able help me in my misfortune because i desperately want to get online and play Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament. By the way my connection is DSL. Thanks for the help in advance.

Well today for the first time i tried setting up on my Dreamcast to play online and after many tries i remained unsucessful in setting it up so i was wondering if anybody here would be able help me in my misfortune because i desperately want to get online and play Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament. By the way my connection is DSL. Thanks for the help in advance.

You need a Broad band adapter to get online with DSL, and if you have AOL then you cant get online with that even with dial up.

You can try this tutorial to share your PC's broadband connection, but you MUST have a Dreamcast modem that is internally powered. An externally powered one requires a live phone line, and will not work. (They have 4 pins inside the jack, internal powered ones will have 2 pins)

If you can't do the above, you need a legit dialup ISP. NetZero and other free ones that require ad software won't work, and neither will an AOL connection either.