Shaun Of The Dead

For the past week I've been seeing this torrent link up at suprnova and thought it was just some low budget spoof on Dawn Of The Dead. Boy was I wrong. Reading up on the movie, the film went into production a good few month's before the remake of Dawn did. As a matter of fact, the film makers didnt even know about the remake until the movie was half-way finished! But that's not really the point now is it? View the trailer, then you'll see why I'm currently downloading this movie.

Shaun Of The Dead Trailer

Shaun Of The Dead IMDb

Shaun Of The Dead Main Site

yeah it been out in britain at the same time as dawn of the dead,

the guy who wrote and starred in it, wrote and stared in the comdey show spaced by channel four

Spaced is great its about people around my age (23) and what they get up to it contain loads of movie , comic and games references you should get that too

That movie was hilarious! I know it's not supposed to be an outright comedy, but I was rolling on some of those jokes. Pegg likes to "mention" pop culture a lot. So far what I can grab out of one viewing is:

Dawn of the Dead (Music at the very end of the credits, it was played in the mall during the original "Dawn")

28 Days Later (Reference to "Rage" monkey's at the end when Shaun is watching the tele)

Day of the Dead (Shakling Zombies as playthings and labor)

Night of the Living Dead (The Cellar)

All of these are very subtle and you really need to of watched the following movies to know what I'm talking about. Overall, I though it was a great follow up to watching the overly depressing "Dawn of the Dead 2004".

Pegg likes to "mention" pop culture a lot. So far what I can grab out of one viewing is:

Dawn of the Dead (Music at the very end of the credits, it was played in the mall during the original "Dawn")

28 Days Later (Reference to "Rage" monkey's at the end when Shaun is watching the tele)

Day of the Dead (Shakling Zombies as playthings and labor)

Night of the Living Dead (The Cellar)

i found another reference the end of resvour dogs "stop pointing that gun at my dad!" bit.

i saw this at the weekend and i thought it was crap, it was good for the first half hour, then all he did was rip off every zombie movie ever

the 2004 dawn of the dead is still one of my fav films of the year and i have seen many zombie movies