The Semi-return Of Darkstalkers

They have rights with Capcom to use Capcom characters that were developed in house. Games like SFEX series' exlusive characters cannot be used since it was developed by a different company, and only published by Capcom.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically yes, without the SNK part since this game was stated to be just Sammy and Capcom characters. We could see a 3way VS game since Sammy has SNK's IP's now (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

i meant in the near future... and since sammy owns a fair share of sega surely they have rights over their characters too right? maybe we could see a new type of vs. fighters with more unusual characters like sonic, tails, megaman, and all those more kiddy style characters... (my imagination is way too active...)

Technically yes, without the SNK part since this game was stated to be just Sammy and Capcom characters. We could see a 3way VS game since Sammy has SNK's IP's now (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

No no, you are right. But part of the deal was SNK be on the development team all the way. Thay want newer graphics, but basically want their old animator's to have a part in the process.

As for Sega and Sammy, are just businuss partners like Enix and Square. They have seperate dev teams and have no plans to make a game together.