Hot Question 6

...this one is for the Action Platformer Genre (Contra, Castlevania, Sly Cooper, Mario, Sonic...)

...Do you think that this genre needs more Co-op? I remember sittin' down with friends playing Sonic (fly me up here tails!) and Contra (you take the spread...the lazer is MINE!) and havin' a blast...now many of them, while incorporating great controls (Sly Cooper...god damn he controlled like a dream...) are becoming a bunch of solo missions, so to speak. Wouldn't you like to play with friends at games like this, instead of sittin' there watching and waiting for the inevetable f--ck up so it'll be your turn?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was fun, but people just don't want to come over anymore since everyone has teh intarweb.

Edit: Furture explination. Although, Some games just CRY CO-OP. While some games are just plain good as solo. I like playing alone with someone watching, taking turns is better at times so you can spot their/your mistake and avoid it when its your turn.

Edited by K`dash

Well then again it all depends on what kind of game your playing. I think people made games back then to be more multiplayer since not everybody could a afford a system so i think they sort of incorperated that into the games, plus most of those old school games were in arcades, even the original mario bros. There still are plenty of games that you can share with a friend like the missions in soul calibur 1 or 2 or like the co-op in Halo.

Edited by Cominus

It was fun, but people just don't want to come over anymore since everyone has teh intarweb.

Edit: Furture explination. Although, Some games just CRY CO-OP. While some games are just plain good as solo. I like playing alone with someone watching, taking turns is better at times so you can spot their/your mistake and avoid it when its your turn.

How unfortunate...

How unfortunate...

Why do you title all your stuff hot question? What so hot about it? You should title it shitake mushrooms im wondering about. That way when people see it they'l be like "Oh, thats shitake mushrooms he's wondering about."

Like Cominus said. Games like those are better off at the arcade. Rather since, a nice MP envorment like Doom 2 or Halo works just as well, over the internet or on LAN. And since the declining in the arcade numbers, Games like those I think would save the arcade as exlucsives.

Co-op would be great, as long as we have more 2D platform shooters.

We need more fraggin' 2D platform shooters!

Oh thats so true...Contra: Hardcorps and Gunstar Heroes like a mofo!

Why do you title all your stuff hot question? What so hot about it? You should title it shitake mushrooms im wondering about. That way when people see it they'l be like "Oh, thats shitake mushrooms he's wondering about."

I wanted to make a series..."Hot Question" was the first name that came to mind...so I went with it...