Zinc Emulator

i downloaded a zinc emulator the other day but something strange happened..

as i loaded the game.....it loaded and all...but as i selected players and press the start button...a black screen just came and shut everything down and when i start over the process keeps recurring

anyone into zinc emulation can help in this problem

Edited by neo

Do you have the BIOS file and the graphics/controller plugin configured properly?

Do you have the zipped romset in the directory?

Do you have the BIOS file and the graphics/controller plugin configured properly?

i got the rom inthe correct directory but tell me more about the following and let me see if i can fix this prob

i got the rom inthe correct directory but tell me more about the following and let me see if i can fix this prob

Get the BIOS from -edited out-, it called Firmware.zip and it has to be in the same directory as the roms.

Do you have a frontend or are you just clicking the zinc.exe and expect something to happen. Get a good frontend from http://www.aldostools.xom unless you haven't already.

The frontend usually gives you better control over the program and especially the video settings. I would also recommend that you get the atest Direct3D and OpenGL graphics plugins from the official site: http://www.emuhype.com

And finally, read the documentation, read it twice even.

Edited by Agozer

Also, some "roms" are actually just language translations of the original. If this is the case then you need both roms to play it. For example, to play the English-translated version of Rival Schools, you need both rvschool.zip and jgakuen.zip in the "roms" directory.

Also, some "roms" are actually just language translations of the original. If this is the case then you need both roms to play it. For example, to play the English-translated version of Rival Schools, you need both rvschool.zip and jgakuen.zip in the "roms" directory.

Rival Schools and Strider Hiryu 2 are ones with that kind of a set. Also, Kikaioh has also be translated into english, but you'll need to cheat program to modify the regional hex value.

Edited by Agozer

Hmm...I only have rvschool.zip and it's in English. I didn't know I needed jgakuen.

Hmm...I only have rvschool.zip and it's in English. I didn't know I needed jgakuen.

You don't. You'll need it only if you have a sudden urge of playing Rival Schools in japanese.

Then maybe you have a merged set GryphonKlaw...? I don't know since I never use Zinc. Are there any trainers so you can play hacks/translations not officially supported? I know the Zinc site mentions that they could be used, but I don't know if anyone has actually made one.

Then maybe you have a merged set GryphonKlaw...?  I don't know since I never use Zinc.  Are there any trainers so you can play hacks/translations not officially supported?  I know the Zinc site mentions that they could be used, but I don't know if anyone has actually made one.

There is one trainer for ZiNc that let's you change region and get infinite energy etc.