Dsl Nightmares.

Inky

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

antiwinner: davie south florida, bell south thats the local phone company the dsl price came with the phone service. so my total bill for phone and dsl is around 60 bucks.

antiwinner: davie south florida, bell south thats the local phone company the dsl price came with the phone service. so my total bill for phone and dsl is around 60 bucks.

Davie, FL! Oh wow, my sister goes to school there! I was there last summer helping her move in. It's not a bad part of Ft. Lauderdale. ;)

where I am is so ghetto. it makes me miss th sticks. I'll prolly only be here till august. then I may be off to arizona for a job there.

Hey garageink, I was just checking out the BellSouth page (I'm from around New Orleans so that's our service) and the $24.95 one is DSL Lite and it says the download rate is 256 Kbps and the upload rate is 128 Kbps at best.

And it says this:

Provides high-speed Internet access for faster e-mail and basic Web surfing

While the next package says:

Provides high-speed Internet access to download large files, enjoy music and streaming video and online games

Have you tried playing online or downloading large files?

Do you guys think that there is really THAT big of difference? How much slower will my downloads/uploads be with this lite version?

And the weird thing is, my number qualifies. It didn't qualify two months ago. What the hell!

I suggest testing a server closest to you. I'm getting 1.5 Mbps then 2.0 from a Quebec test location. Which is strange.

Hey garageink, I was just checking out the BellSouth page (I'm from around New Orleans so that's our service) and the $24.95 one is DSL Lite and it says the download rate is 256 Kbps and the upload rate is 128 Kbps at best.

And it says this:

Provides high-speed Internet access to download large files, enjoy music and streaming video and online games

Do you guys think that there is really THAT big of difference? How much slower will my downloads/uploads be with this lite version?

And the weird thing is, my number qualifies. It didn't qualify two months ago. What the hell!

yeah I am DLing something right now around 206KB. sec. over 200 megs in 30 minutesfrom a newsgroup. I might have the lite version I dunno. but it's plenty fast for me. maybe the dslreports speed test was misleading?

And it says this:

yeah I am DLing something right now around 206KB. sec. over 200 megs in 30 minutesfrom a newsgroup. I might have the lite version I dunno. but it's plenty fast for me. maybe the dslreports speed test was misleading?

Hmmm...that's some awesome speed there. The Bellsouth site says that the $24.95 ($25) one is the lite version. But it seems to be doing fine for you.

What kind of contract did you have to sign? A whole year contract? 2 years?

And I don't think that DSL report thing was misleading since both your download and upload were less than the 256/128 thing.

Edited by GryphonKlaw