Selfbooting Bleem Beta With A Psx Game

I found this in anouther fourm, i didnt write it so credits to Lostuse

heres a tut i wrote a long a$$ time ago( Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:51 pm was the first post i have listed ) thought you guys might be able to use it

Selfbooting Bleem Beta with a PSX Game

Alrighty, this is for the monkeys who are interested in selfbooting a PSX game with the bleem beta because they are too lazy to swap disks. I personally don’t really care too much for the beta sense it’s really buggy although it is a glimpse at the programming genius that Rand was doing. This is pretty easy if you know Echelon’s tutorial, and if u don’t I suggest that you brush up on it before attempting this as though I’m not planning on writing this for complete newbs. If you have problems reply and ill try and help you out....

1.Get the Bleem Beta disk that you have burned and extract the 1bleem.bin file also using IP CD explorer by Megalex get the ip.bin. Put these in your selfbooting that has all of the Echleon’s Tutorial stuff.

2.Burn your PSX Bin/cue game using CDRwin to load it the same way you usally burn the audio.raw file, with open new session on.

3.Get the LBA of the end of the burned PSX game by running

cdrecord -dev=x,x,x –msinfo

x,x,x is the SCSI id of your CD Burner.

4.Run binhack as the boot.bin file use 1bleem.bin. As the boot sector use ip.bin. When it asks for the MSINFO use the second number that was spit out in the previous step. BTW it spits out an error message just ignore it...

5.Put 1bleem.bin in your Data Directory in the selfbooting folder you are using.

6.Run Mkisofs using this string mkisofs –C X,Y –l –o data.iso –V BLEEM data

(X, Y) are the MSINFO numbers

7.Run ipins for boot sector put ip.bin and then for iso name put data.iso

8.Burn in CDRWIN like this (taken from Echelon’s Tutorial)

a) Fire up CDRWIN.

Click the 2nd Icon from the Top Left: "File Backup and Tools".

c) For Backup Tool/Operation: Select "Record an ISO9660 Image File".

d) For Image Filename, Choose data.iso in your "selfboot" directory.

e) Under Recording Options, Select your CD-Recorder. Check the

following options accordingly:

Disc Type: CDROM-XA

Track Mode: MODE2

SPEED: Whatever You Want

Finalize/Close Session: Yes

Write Postgap: Yes

Open New Session: No

Test Mode: No

Verify Recorded Image: No

9. Enjoy your selfbooting PSX game with the bleem beta

-Lostuse

There's loads of premade releases of this flying around, I haven't tested any yet, but I see them a lot so they must be pretty decent. I think I'll try the Winning Eleven one since there are no good football games on DC.

By football, do you mean soccer? If I were to burn one of these, I'd probably do an RPG that it supported or maybe a Megaman game since the petition never worked. I wonder if it could run a PSX game loader kinda like loser's (his doesn't work, but there are other ways)? If so, I'd try to see if I couldn't get MMX4-6 or which ever ones could fit (heck, maybe even MMX3 if I ever download it).

Yeah soccer for americans :unsure:.

If you're going to make one yourself check out the compatibilty list here. It will give you an idea if there's a point in trying. MMX 4 and 5 should work, X6 not. And most rpg's will also not work since the bleem beta does not work with fmv.

What are you talking about? There are good soccer games!!!!

Like which one? The only one I ever enjoyed was the incredibly broken/frustrating Virtua Striker 2, but even with all it's faults it was fun to play. However now I have Virtua Striker 3 on GC and that one improved a lot (it's still incredibly broken and frustrating though, only less so :D ) so it makes part 2 unneeded.

All the other ones were simply not on the level of Pro Evo/WE or even the ISS series.