Pc Iso Burning

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure? I know that some 90 minute CD-Rs disguise themselves as 80 minute CD-Rs (to the burner), but I've never heard of actual 80 minute ones that could go that far. I think maybe you're mistaken or the label is lying to you, but I can't really say for sure (800MB is a STEEP increase from the normal max.).

Are you sure?  I know that some 90 minute CD-Rs disguise themselves as 80 minute CD-Rs (to the burner), but I've never heard of actual 80 minute ones that could go that far.  I think maybe you're mistaken or the label is lying to you, but I can't really say for sure (800MB is a STEEP increase from the normal max.).

If thats the case (about the CDs lying to me :) ) I'm getting more bang for the buck. :huh:

Either way it's definitely a good thing if you're getting 800MB. Usually when you buy them, they'll tell you that they're 90 minute CD-Rs. I've never heard of anyone passing them off as 80 minutes, though. I guess it's possible since you don't really see 90 or 99 minute CD-Rs in stores.

err, i only buy the standard 700MB 80Minute CDRs

How do i do it? Easy!! Most modern DVD/CD burners that burn at 8X or faster can do it :lol:

or at least thats what ive noticed, probably because DVD burners have a finer burning lense laser type thing (I actually DO know what im talking about, i just can remember the technical term hehe) so they can overburn more efficiently/accuratly/more

That's strange as most sites that talk about CD burning mention overburning, but not that much. I guess a DVD burner could do that, but I've never heard of that happening. Technically, it should cause errors in reading the CD since you're burning WAY past the normal limits. I don't know if they've changed the way CD-Rs are made, though. If they have, then that could explain, but I really have no clue what's going on in your case.

it probably burns past the limits on BOTH sides is why (inner and outer)

or maybe outside of where its suposed to be burning the the first place...hmm..if you know how a CD works i suppose you could say its Burning in between the lines, its hard to explain if you dont know how it works exactly

www.howstuffworks.com read about CDRs

Edited by Shibathedog

Can I see a screenshot of the 800MB CD? I'm just curious if Windows would properly recognize the size or not. I know that with larger CD-Rs (90 & 99), they are wound tighter than normal. I guess it's treating/burning it like that and overstepping the normal bounds for audio and data (the lead-in and lead-out sections).

You don't have to send the picture. I was just curious if Windows would recognize the CD-Rs proper burned size. It may have to do with the way Windows interacts with the burner, though (file size report). As on my other PC with my old burner, WinME wouldn't recognize CD-Rs that were 80 minutes (blank ones, at least). WinXP has no problem with this.