As you may know, the Quake III Arena Servers for DC have always be up, and still are, and always will be, because they are all user hosted now

well anyway, i picked the game up again...and i blow ass now hehe, but im not really THAT bad, just....not nearly as good as i used to be.

notheless, would anyone like to play me?

I'd play you but i dont have a damn dial up connection(dc hates aol) Does the mouse work really well on the dc? Because i played Red Faction 2 on ps2 with a mouse and it sucked....well you know.

I use the Mouse (although my scroll wheel is kinda flocked)

and a crappy madcatz adaptor with a crappy 8 year old keyboard and it works

except the scroll wheel takes like 3 clicks to do anything and the keys stick alot on the keyboard

i really need to get another official DC keyboard

but oh well

Uhh i cant really name a room because thier always different. Smoking Guns arena has a nice mod, but it lags after about 2 people are in it

ill just be in the one with the fastest speed probably, how about we play tomorrow or something? what times are ok with you guys?

I may be on tonight but I'm gonna try and connect to the internet through my pc so I dont have to use the dial-up charge.

I ve got a handy guide that lets you connect your DC modem through a 56K modem on your pc and share the broadband connection, you dont even need the BBA on your DC.

i know about that

but i can give you a toll free dialup account if you need it (the dial number is a 1-800 number)

I dont think that number would work from where I am from, and if it did it may cost loads?

Free numbers here are normally 0800 numbers.

Edited by BobRedthorp

then it wouldnt work

yeah, its MUCH better with a mouse/keyboard

i prefer Mouse/Keyboard over ANY controller, its much better.

No, i dont need the Utopia Boot Disc to get UT working, you cant play that game online anymore anyway though (yet)

Anyway, i just went out and brought a brand spankin new Official Keyboard, one of the rare-er ones with the Sega/Net logo instead of the Dreamcast logo too!!!!

anyway, i am REEEEEALY tired right now, its been a long day, but id be happy to play anyway, if anyone here wants to play, post soon, and ill get on. (in using a US region disc, but supposedly all DC servers are worldwide, because ive played with people from france/UK/etc.)