Metal Slug 5 on Kawa X... done everything said???

mattywhisk

Hi there

I have read pretty much every Ms5 for kawa X topic on this board and I still can't get ms 5 to show up in my list for kawa x. I can get ms 4 to show up (slug4.zip) but not ms5. I have tried roms names slug5.zip, mslug5.zip and Mslug5nd.zip

I have also applied patch for mslug5nd that I found somewher eon this site (switched 2 8.0 MB files inside zip file for other 6.0MB files)

I downloaded Mslug.zip from here.

I downloaded mslug5nd.zip from here

[url=Blah

I also patched kawa with patch from here

http://www.geocities.com/ciccior2003/KawaPatch.zip

I have altered neogeo.zip files as stated in readme. I am running an app called "kawa X PLUS" from evox dash (latest).

The only thing I can think of that I may have to do from reading stuff on this forum is to use an updated.xbe file.. but I cant find there on here anywhere.

Can someone please clarify as to what I may be doing wrong here? Do I need to download a dat file from here

http://home.comcast.net/~niobium-roms/mslu...lug5datfile.zip

and do something with this file to make ms5 appear on my list??

Ive taken the time to read alllllll the posts, I would appreciate it if someone could share their wisdom with me..

Edited by Prican25

I Have The Same Problem With The Kawaks Loader, Too. So Instead Of Useing Kawaks, Use The Oldish Versions Of Nebula I.E. 2.18a. The Speeds Are THe Same On The Two Emulators But Nebula Has Better Grafix. And If You Want To Play It On Nebula Click [not in here]

Edited by Prican25

why bother with kawa-x now? fbaxgh0st v3.0 has alot more support so i suggest you move on.

make sure you got the p1 for kawaks use or else you get blocks and make sure your names are right but using the right dash and under scores. EG: ms5_c1.rom | 268-m1d.bin

why bother with kawa-x now? fbaxgh0st v3.0 has alot more support so i suggest you move on.

>>>>>

Can you provide me with a d/l link?

make sure you got the p1 for kawaks use or else you get blocks and make sure your names are right but using the right dash and under scores. EG: ms5_c1.rom | 268-m1d.bin

>>>>>>>>

with this p1.. I assume you mean I have to subsitute a certain file under ms5nd.zip with another one that I d/l from this site? and then rezip and import into roms folder? If so, where do I get this p1 file??

Finally, how do I check ifm y names are right... I habe had a look in romcenter, but cant find metal slug 5 listed.. can you please explain in more detail..?

FBAx seems to run slightly slower to me. For example, the title screen on Metal Slug X where the letters are flying on to the screen... seemed slow to me. Also, can you configure the controls for each type of game? In KawaX you can have different controls for CPS1, CPS2, and NeoGeo games. As far as I can tell this isn't possible in FBAx, but I haven't really explored it fully. Anyway, I'm still using KawaX for most games.

and isnt fbax a CPS1 CPS2 emulator?? Isnt metal slug 5 neo geo?

It does all 3 now.

Edited by Thraxen

links are in the pinned topic called get kawa-hex and fbax here.

the readme in both fbaxgh0st and kawa-hex have the proper names so if your mslug5 doesn't match the names just rename it to what is said in the readme

minor note for fbax readme: mslug5 for fbaxgh0st should be called mslug5n and not nd.

Edited by Prican25