Which RPG should i start first..

Well I guess it depends on your mood right now. If you're in an 'exploration-mood' you should play Skies. You get to sail the skies in your airship, looking for discoveries and new lands. There's many random battles though, and the battle sytem isn't really anything special. The story is pretty interesting.

If you're in a 'battle-mood' play Grandia, it has the best battle system ever created. Although it's depth is utterly wasted on the games extremely easy opponents, it's still actually really fun to fight, unlike many other turnbased games. Other than that Grandia has great music (boot it up and let it sit at the press start screen, a really beatifull song will play) and excellent art design. The game is linear, but it's also long so who cares.

So take your pick, but when you finish the first one go play the other since they're both really great games.

I have both games, and both are great. Personally I liked Skies better, lots of freedom and overall fun. Grandia was more story based if you ask me, but the story wasn't the greatest I've heard. Cool characters in both games, in Grandia mine was Mareg, the beastman guy, and in Skies it was that prince guy or w/e, I can't remember his name.

Both are really fun though, so enjoy em :D

AA battery mod is a mod that lets you use AA batteries in your VMU which are ALOT easier to come across than those weird batteries

I dont think it really matters what you do first because they both absolutly rule

just DO NOT do both at the same time

NEVER start playing 2 RPGs at once, because if they both have good stories and everything, your gonna get mixed up, and even if you dont, you wont get the full experience out of them